What would it take... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What would it take...

Re: Re: What would it take...

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

Not as much as people think after their Ryan Leif disaster. They also traded the Vick pick and love having got Tomlinson and Bree's in that deal.

If we offered our #1, and a Defensive stud (O-GUN?) and maybe a pick next year (2nd-3rd rounder) we could get the pick.
exactly why we cannot get him, we would need to get a top 5 pick in 2004 first to trade to SD for the #1 overall. SD has the #1 overall for a reason and are unlikely to want a middle first round pick that c/b another average player or bust. They are not gonna trade out of Eli Manning w/o getting another blue chip draftee and maybe a 1 next year or 2 this year

Originally posted by Muck
Our top picks the next two years and a big player. Example

#1 - 2003
#1 - 2004
#2 - 2004
Sam Madison-type player at a need position.

In short, we have no chance whatsoever.

I would only swap this yrs picks and give them Madison.

I would not pay what it would cost, period even if we get a 1 and 3 for Ogun. There are some good second tier level qbs coming out and we may even be able to take Losman w/o trading away picks. I think this kid could be real good if he can sit a year or two and learn. Then we keep our picks and get o-line and wr help as well. If we get a 1 and 3 for Ogun, I would not mind seeing us draft Williams/Evans at Wr and Losman in the first roundm then concentrate on 0-line in FA and in the draft. JMO.

Re: Re: What would it take...

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE
Not as much as people think after their Ryan Leif disaster. They also traded the Vick pick and love having got Tomlinson and Bree's in that deal.

If we offered our #1, and a Defensive stud (O-GUN?) and maybe a pick next year (2nd-3rd rounder) we could get the pick.
That was kind of my thinking.

It would seem that Eli is the consensus #1 pick. The Chargers are a little gun shy about selecting a QB after the whole Ryan Leaf debacle. On top of that, we might not have a good enough #1 to just swap, but we DO have some of what they desparately need - an abundance of defensive talent - some of which might be forced to move anyway for cap reasons.

Back
Top Bottom