What would the Dolphins have to do to get USC star receiver Mike Williams? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What would the Dolphins have to do to get USC star receiver Mike Williams?

Chris Mort said on an ESPN chat that a supp draft happens every year, but there is just no high named players ever, so no one cares. Also he made it sound like it was a NBA type lottery were the charges would have 32 chances......to the New England 1 chance with everyone else in the middle. Don't know who is right about how this works, but that is the way Mort made it sound, and he is pretty reliable.

Didn't Peter Warrick once tried to get to the Suplemental Draft? If I remember correctly he toyed with the idea, and the general consensus around the NFL teams was the they were not interested. And Peter was a bigger prospect than Williams.

I doubt the concensus was that nobody was interested in Warrick. I think he just didn't declare for the supplemental draft. I think he probably decided not to because the contract negotiations wouldn't be the same. Warrick was like a top 5 pick, so he got mega money...as a supplemental pick, he wouldn't have gotten as much.

If Mike Williams is eligible, someone will give up a good pick for him. I believe the Texans gave a 2nd for RB Tony Hollings just last year.

Back
Top Bottom