What would the Rams be giving up... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What would the Rams be giving up...

We won't get more than a 6th for Zgonina

Throw in Darrius Thompson and I'll gladly accept a 7th.

Addition by subtraction, in each case.

Awsi Dooger said:
Throw in Darrius Thompson and I'll gladly accept a 7th.

Addition by subtraction, in each case.
Your suggesting Zgonina and Thompson for a 7th rounder? You got to be kidding me! Zgonina alone will probably get us a 6th and Thompson showed signs last year and we will need him to fill the #3 slot if Boston doesn't restructure(which I hope Boston does stay).

I had a dream that we will trade Surtain and Jeff Zgonina for Orlando Pace. Mark it down people - it shall be done!

Nublar7 said:
Tampa resigned Alstott. Konrad to Tampa isn't happening anymore.

Actually it could still happen...he signed for far less and his contract is up in 2006 and plans to retire, he will be playing on a limited basis...that would seem to still leave a wide open door for Konrad to be traded to them.

fishypete said:
Actually it could still happen...he signed for far less and his contract is up in 2006 and plans to retire, he will be playing on a limited basis...that would seem to still leave a wide open door for Konrad to be traded to them.

I guess it is possible, but if they were going to trade for Konrad you'd think they'd save even more money and just cut Alstott out right. Also where did you hear that he was going to retire after next season?

Those guys aren't my favorite players

Nublar7 said:
Your suggesting Zgonina and Thompson for a 7th rounder? You got to be kidding me! Zgonina alone will probably get us a 6th and Thompson showed signs last year and we will need him to fill the #3 slot if Boston doesn't restructure(which I hope Boston does stay).

Correct, I should have explained that. I have not been posting here for very long, otherwise that would have been more clear.

I respect Zgonina's effort. I agree he is probably worth a 6th. But for years my Dolphin pet peeve above all has been the lack of athletic ability and explosiveness among the DTs. I think it has held our defense back much more than is generally accepted. I don't want an aging and undersized pass-rushing DT like Zgonina. I want a young monster who makes the QB shake at the very thought of him being only feet away at the snap.

I think Thompson sucks. That's why I tried to be sarcastic and write throwing in Thompson drops Zgonina's value to a 7th.

I would be shocked if Thompson is on our opening day roster. It would make me think much less highly of Saban. He has no instincts, runs lousy routes and is nothing but a workout warrior who looks good in drills. I don't care what he did against the Pats or a couple of other times last season. You'll never win anything of consequence with fool's bronze like Darrius Thompson.

1st this year, and maybe a 1st next year..

Zgonina is probably the best DT in the league.. I'd sign him for 7 years/100mil

but thats just me..

bobdroopy said:
1st this year, and maybe a 1st next year..

Zgonina is probably the best DT in the league.. I'd sign him for 7 years/100mil

but thats just me..

What? No signing bonus?

I'm thinking we might get a fifth for him, but I would not be surprised if it's a sixth rounder. Zgonina will be 35 years old this year.

I say we give them zgonia and ask for the rights to kyle turley and a 5th round pick

that way if kyle turley decides to come back we got him for real real cheap and if he doesnt we got a 5th round pick to grab somebody

Back
Top Bottom