What Would You The Fan Do About Our Rb Situation? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Would You The Fan Do About Our Rb Situation?

Release Travis Minor because he has already proven to be only useful as a situational back and will probaby count more against the cap than a new back such as KJ Harris. Start Brown and keep Ricky in reserve until he is in football playing shape. I think by the end of October, we could have one of the most lethal tandems of RB's in the NFL. Lets hope the injury bug does not kill us this year.

Bobby Humphrey said:
crying about not being a celebrity? ... my point is accountability ...

Well who are you to hold him accountable? You don't write his paychecks. I can understand that you're frustrated he left, and just bailed on us and we had a miserable season last year, but it's not your responsibility to hold him accountable. If the Dolphins didn't take him back, would you consider the dolphins to be holding him accountable?
Listen, the past is the past, I think we can all concede last year would have been a waste anyway. Let's focus on the future and what can make our team better. Ricky will be in it to win it. He needs the money, and that's enough to drive people (think edgerrin james). He's going to be back and he's going to help us win, so I think we should all support him.

Sherif said:
If Brown doesn't get 3 out of 4 100 yard games then I'd start Ricky in game 5.

I'm sure he'll do it, but I say we start Ricky anyway. Ronnie can be used in so many other ways besides tailback.

I would keep both if there was enough cap space and split carries between both of them...if theres not enough space then trade Ricky.

Cut Minor and trade Ricky so we get
1. Ronnie Brown
2. Lamar Gordon/Sammy Morris
3. Kay Jay Harris

THOMAS_54 said:
Cut Minor and trade Ricky so we get
1. Ronnie Brown
2. Lamar Gordon/Sammy Morris
3. Kay Jay Harris

Trade Ricky for what? He has no trade value right now.

kpcane said:
Well who are you to hold him accountable? You don't write his paychecks. I can understand that you're frustrated he left, and just bailed on us and we had a miserable season last year, but it's not your responsibility to hold him accountable. If the Dolphins didn't take him back, would you consider the dolphins to be holding him accountable?
Listen, the past is the past, I think we can all concede last year would have been a waste anyway. Let's focus on the future and what can make our team better. Ricky will be in it to win it. He needs the money, and that's enough to drive people (think edgerrin james). He's going to be back and he's going to help us win, so I think we should all support him.

Who am I to hold him accountable??? I never said i was in a position too ...."Let's focus on the future and what can make our team better" Your tone suggests being a ket member of the team more then mine .... You and I are two different people, and see it two different ways …. My morals suggest one thing to me, your morals suggest another things to you, yet no one set of morals are always right ….

Keep the RB's that we have, add Ricky, and run by committee...run, run, run. Less Feeley, more wearing down of the opposing D, and this will keep our D fresh which will equal more chances for victory this year.

Phishstix said:
run one guy till he gets tired, then run the other till he gets tired, rinse and repeat.

exactly...ronnie, then ricky, then gordon, then morris.

PhinDude88 said:
I would cut Minor before TC to let Harris and Gordon get extra snaps. Next, i would name Brown the starting RB and let Ricky compete with Gordon for #2 on the depth chart. If Gordon beats out Ricky then i would try to trade him and if not, then i would cut Ricky. If Ricky wins then he will get about 35% of the carries, while Brown gets the rest.

Why would you cut minor and eliminate healthy competition. You would just hand over a roster spot to an UFA...I not the biggest Minor fan and I do feel that his spot is in jepordy but the man has earned a right to compete for a place on this team. you don't know what kind of ST player Harris is which is important b/c that will be the bulk of his playing time. Let me get this straight, by your "logic" if Gordon beats out ricky and you cut him that leave 3 backs: 2 rookies (one undrafted) and 1 back who hasn't shown himself to be healthy enough (so far) to play a full season even on a part time basis....this icon's for you........:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom