What year was Knight in the pro bowl? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What year was Knight in the pro bowl?

2001, and IMO he should have been in the probowl in 2000 as well. I don't know what happened last year, but he flat out sucked. He knocked out more of his teamates over the middle of the field than opposing WRs. He got burned in coverage a lot too. I don't know if it was an injury that he had, or that he lost a step, or if it was because the Saints didn't have as good of a pass rush as years past (still put up like 39 sacks though, just not the 50+), or if it was also because the Saints weren't using the Cover 2 and other zone schemes as much anymore, they were using more man to man because of Dale Carter, Fred Thomas, and Sedrick Hodge.

I thought it was 2002, did he have a solid year in 2002? Although it doesnt mean anything I was surprised to see him have 90 overall on the madden 2003 game and they usually base the players on the years before performance.....but If I stand right hes had arthorscopic (or some kind of) surgery on both ankles.....

Originally posted by WCoastFin
I thought it was 2002, did he have a solid year in 2002? Although it doesnt mean anything I was surprised to see him have 90 overall on the madden 2003 game and they usually base the players on the years before performance.....but If I stand right hes had arthorscopic (or some kind of) surgery on both ankles.....

I was talking about the season. He played in the probowl in Feb. 2002, but that was for the 2001 season.

Originally posted by Brad01
2001, and IMO he should have been in the probowl in 2000 as well. I don't know what happened last year, but he flat out sucked. He knocked out more of his teamates over the middle of the field than opposing WRs. He got burned in coverage a lot too. I don't know if it was an injury that he had, or that he lost a step, or if it was because the Saints didn't have as good of a pass rush as years past (still put up like 39 sacks though, just not the 50+), or if it was also because the Saints weren't using the Cover 2 and other zone schemes as much anymore, they were using more man to man because of Dale Carter, Fred Thomas, and Sedrick Hodge.

If he sucked last year, we're REALLY in trouble. He put up better stats than any Dolphins defender did.

stats can be misleading....a guy could put up 300 tackles in one year and some people on this board would say he was the best thing since sliced bread, but if 275 of those 300 were 15 yards downfield how much merit would that stat hold? not much in my books.....

i'll say it again.....ryan mcneil had better stats than our cb's a few years ago, but did anybody want him replacing surtain or madison.....how about anthony henry last year, he had better stats than sam or pat.........we gonna replace them with henry?

OF COURSE NOT......

How about the fact that he;s had 5 or more interceptions in 5 seasons each.

how about the fact that he had 16 INT's in the same time Freeman has had just 1.

Over the past three seasons no Safety in the NFL has more big plays (i.e. ForcedFumbles, TFl's,Sacks, INT's, FumbleRecoveries, etc ...) than Sammy Knight. [/b]

Hey Coach, care to post a link to where you found your info?

Back
Top Bottom