What you want find June 1st according to Clayton | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What you want find June 1st according to Clayton

so i guess the dolphins are having a really bad offseason, like the rest of the scmucks.:lol:

Ray Lucas is not a June 1st cut. He is already a FA, he was cut during the draft. Guys, in a week we have our backup QB, and we can start our season. I think we'll be set.

Funny how we had one of the best ranked O-lines,top among sacks allowed, and most rushing yards, and people still insist we need O-line. The days of stacking your team at every position ala San Fran are over. We can't afford anything else.

Yeah, no kidding.....remember last year, when everybody was saying that Tampa Bay had a bad offensive line? Hmmmmm, how did they finish up last year? Yeah, that's what I thought. You don't need to be stellar at every position to win it all (although personally I think we have a more than adequate offensive line).

Originally posted by MarinoFan
Funny how we had one of the best ranked O-lines,top among sacks allowed, and most rushing yards, and people still insist we need O-line. The days of stacking your team at every position ala San Fran are over. We can't afford anything else.

Agreed..our OL was not our problem last year, except when Spriggs was inserted in the GB game..He was terrible...Lucas already had enough on his plate with the poor outing against Buf. in his first game..then to be running around because Spriggs couldn't stop a flea..

"Stacking" is one thing...Having ONE back-up for the entire O-line is another. Right now behind the starters you've got what, 3 games worth of NFL playing experience? And at LT, if we lose Dixon, you've got a 3rd round rookie stepping in his place. Is that how you want to get Griese into the game? Or maybe Sage? LT is the hardest position on the O-line, and we don't have a single back-up for that spot that was even PROJECTED to start in 2003. I'm perfectly fine with our starting O-line, but any Phin fan that isn't scared witless at our lack of ANY depth there is deluding himself.

In fact I think the FO has done a good job stacking every position with the cap space they had.

But like you said I don't understand when people are saying that we should trade for that guy or sign this guy if he's release. We can't just afford any big name that comes around !

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

"Stacking" is one thing...Having ONE back-up for the entire O-line is another. Right now behind the starters you've got what, 3 games worth of NFL playing experience? And at LT, if we lose Dixon, you've got a 3rd round rookie stepping in his place. Is that how you want to get Griese into the game? Or maybe Sage? LT is the hardest position on the O-line, and we don't have a single back-up for that spot that was even PROJECTED to start in 2003. I'm perfectly fine with our starting O-line, but any Phin fan that isn't scared witless at our lack of ANY depth there is deluding himself.

I don't remember McKinny being slated to start last year...but step in and did a good job..German is also there..the thing I like about our backups is they get to go against our DL...I think that prepares them a little better to go against any other team..Even our Backup DL is better than a lot of other team 1st team DL..So our players should be ready for just about anyone..and I think that's why Seth did such a nice job last year..he practiced against the best.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Okay, so tell me what you would do. Not get Seau OR Knight, get offensive line to back up. Ultimately, a veteran LT is going to cost us MORE than both Seau and Knight. What would you do? I think our line performed just fine last year. Actually, I think they were bad asses. So if someone goes down, the next guy has to step it up. PERIOD. Every team in the league, because of salary cap and free agency has this problem somewhere along the roster.

we can't get everyone guys!!...We'll get griese and I think that's it. The o-line will be fine imo and that's why we got 3 young guys in the draft. I know they're rookies but 2 of them could even start a few games at some point this coming year!

Okay, so tell me what you would do. Not get Seau OR Knight, get offensive line to back up. Ultimately, a veteran LT is going to cost us MORE than both Seau and Knight. What would you do? I think our line performed just fine last year. Actually, I think they were bad asses. So if someone goes down, the next guy has to step it up. PERIOD. Every team in the league, because of salary cap and free agency has this problem somewhere along the roster.

What I would do is try to get a veteran journeyman for minimum. If that's not possible, I'd stick with what we've got and cross my fingers. Either way, I'd be concerned. I think you're taking this as an attack on WannSpeil when it's nothing of the sort. The "name" linemen were way too expensive, and I think they did a great job of not overspending. By the same token however, we're counting on our O-line staying as healthy as it did in '02, as oppossed to how it did in '01. McKinney stepped in at Guard, which is a world of difference to stepping in at Left Tackle. Throw one of the rookies in that spot in game 3 and THEN we'll get to see what Vanilla Offense looks like. Ricky would get 40 carries every game that rookie was in that spot. Bottom line, the talent wasn't there for the right price,and the player wasn't there in the draft. I don't think Wann/Speil could have done anything differently, but that doesn't mean the problem went away.

I hope we keep Rodgers...I would still like to see him get tradd at least for a 5th or 6th rder...anything is better than nothing....or Id still like to see Greenwood go instead...hes a FA next yr anyway....

Back
Top Bottom