Whatever Happened To... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whatever Happened To...

Buffalo Sucks

Ronnie: Find Jake. Follow Jake.
Reaction score
Tim Ruskell?

Well instead of taking over Miami's personnel department, local media here in 'da ATL' say he'll be Rich McKay's Asst. GM with the Falcons.

Sounds like the Miami gig woulda been more cushy... Either way, Falcons (Vick, Mora Jr, mcKay, Ruskell) look about set to be a force.

j :nesucks:

Originally posted by Buffalo Sucks
Tim Ruskell?
like millions of Americans, he is unemployed (afaik) since Allen took over in TB

What happened was, the Dolphins front office realized that all the decent GM candidates they brought in agreed on one thing: they didn't want to work with Wanny. So Huizenga, Jones and co. took the coward's way out and made Spielman the GM, since he had already proven he could do whatever Wanny wanted without rocking the boat.

Originally posted by Rick 1966
What happened was, the Dolphins front office realized that all the decent GM candidates they brought in agreed on one thing: they didn't want to work with Wanny. So Huizenga, Jones and co. took the coward's way out and made Spielman the GM, since he had already proven he could do whatever Wanny wanted without rocking the boat.

Do you have a link to some facts to substantiate?

I agree with what you are saying Rick, but you are leaving out 1 thing. Huzienga jumped the gun and retained Wanny before even considering the GM position.

Wow! Someone just opened up his anus and spoke! Incredible. :shakeno:

Mod note: Cranx, Rick... this dispute is now over. Cranx, you've been here forever, dude. You KNOW better than that kind of comment in response to someone else's point of view. Rick, you got a shot in in response. Let's leave it at that, shall we? The forums can't degenerate into a setting for back and forth potshots.

I'm not here to debate this with either of you, -- I'm here to keep these threads in the form of DISCUSSION. Anything other than that from either side will be sent to the purgatory thread, never to be seen again.

Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by Phan4Ever
Mod note: Cranx, Rick... this dispute is now over. Cranx, you've been here forever, dude. You KNOW better than that kind of comment in response to someone else's point of view. Rick, you got a shot in in response. Let's leave it at that, shall we? The forums can't degenerate into a setting for back and forth potshots.

I'm not here to debate this with either of you, -- I'm here to keep these threads in the form of DISCUSSION. Anything other than that from either side will be sent to the purgatory thread, never to be seen again.

Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

This was a bit premature don't you think?

Nope.:) I know both of you guys that well.

Look, -- I mean this respectfully to both of you: you're strong willed with strong opinions. No problem. But the direction this was likely to go was pretty clear. If you guys want to discuss differing perceptions and opinions, that's what the forums are all about. But somebody did characterize the other in a derogatory and personal way, and that's what will be reined in. It has to, or everyone else here has to wade thru a few people throwing sh*t at each other. It's the site's policy not to allow that, and it's the mods' jobs to ask that it be halted or to take further steps.

PLEASE give the mods some consideration and try not to make it more difficult to regulate the site in an easygoing manner. I ask that respectfully and sincerely on the part of all mods and members.

Regards,
P4E

That said, there is no substantiation I have seen to support that the other GM candidates refused to work with Wannstedt. Moreover, I can't understand why they would have even interviewed had they felt that way. All of the interviews took place after Wannstedt's extension was made public.

I am suprised that it was not leaked to the Herald that the reason Rick was made GM was because no candidates wanted Wanne as a coach :rolleyes2

Look, -- I mean this respectfully to both of you: you're strong willed with strong opinions. No problem. But the direction this was likely to go was pretty clear. If you guys want to discuss differing perceptions and opinions, that's what the forums are all about. But somebody did characterize the other in a derogatory and personal way, and that's what will be reined in. It has to, or everyone else here has to wade thru a few people throwing sh*t at each other. It's the site's policy not to allow that, and it's the mods' jobs to ask that it be halted or to take further steps.

PLEASE give the mods some consideration and try not to make it more difficult to regulate the site in an easygoing manner. I ask that respectfully and sincerely on the part of all mods and members.

Regards,
P4E

OK. :tongue:

:french:

Regards,
P4E

There's no reason to be addressing me at all, frankly. I was the one who was personally insulted for no reason other than that the person doing it disagrees with my opinion. I think my response was justified, measured and not excessive. As a matter of fact, given how frequently a couple of the people who disagree with me resort to personal insults, I think I've shown a good deal of restraint.

You are not above reproach, Rick. You don't break TOS very often (if at all). But you get your shots in. You needle. Trust me, people notice.

Back on topic.......

Back
Top Bottom