What's Day 1 Ol Choices Ike? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's Day 1 Ol Choices Ike?

I like Jonah Williams on these tapes but I don’t think his feet or his technique is as clean as Zach martins were.

Of course that guy had the cleanest of both as a prospect. Not as nasty as Brandon scherf either. He’d be a tick below both for me cause while scherf was as nasty as they come neither his technique nor his feet were as good as Zach martins.

I like him a lot more than the cody ford kid who looks like he’s a mover in the run game but his game in pass pro looks awfully mauling and his feet I’m not sure are tackle feet. Can’t see it in 11 personnel based o at tackle.

The one thing I do wonder about with Jonah Williams is his strength if kicked inside. I think his technique is better than his strength. What year is this kid? Underclassmen?

Last edited:
If you need a right tackle, Cody Ford and Jawaan Taylor flat out get it done with nastiness and technique. I'd take both in the top 20 if my top need was right tackle.

Hey Slimm, do you see Jonah Williams as a left or right tackle at the next level?

Also, how does the left/right tackle thing get affected IF the Dolphins somehow end up in 2020 with a left-handed Tua Tagavailoa? Can you flip a guy like Tunsil over to the right side to protect his blindside or does a RT such as perhaps a Jonah Williams become that much more valuable?

CK, if you stumble across this thread I’d appreciate your input too.

Hey Slimm, do you see Jonah Williams as a left or right tackle at the next level?

Also, how does the left/right tackle thing get affected IF the Dolphins somehow end up in 2020 with a left-handed Tua Tagavailoa? Can you flip a guy like Tunsil over to the right side to protect his blindside or does a RT such as perhaps a Jonah Williams become that much more valuable?

CK, if you stumble across this thread I’d appreciate your input too.

I see him as either a LT or a LG - it depends on the system you run. Some teams will view him as a LT while others may want him to kick inside in their scheme. Teams will be able to nail him down with more certainty once his arm length is measured at the combine.

As for left handed quarterbacks, I don't think it really matters. Left and right tackle are both important. I think Tunsil is fine where he is.

As for left handed quarterbacks, I don't think it really matters. Left and right tackle are both important. I think Tunsil is fine where he is.

See, that’s what always confuses me. Won’t defenses adjust by trying to get their best pass rushers coming from the lefty’s backside ie the right tackle? It only seems logical you’d want to flip it and have your best tackle there.

What am I missing?

Btw, thanks for your insight. Much appreciated.

Do you draft a top notch RT in hopes of landing Tua next year or simply slide Tunsil over and draft an LT next year?

Don’t like creating a hole at RT just to fill it but I’m not sure James is up to potentially protecting Tua’s blindside if the Dolphins are fortunate enough to draft him.

Don’t move tunsil anywhere. Williams has to play right tackle or guard if he comes here.

Could be starting guard and swing tackle though

Don’t move tunsil anywhere. Williams has to play right tackle or guard if he comes here.

Could be starting guard and swing tackle though

Yeah, if you draft Williams, you have to put him at LG (keep James). Not much to think about.

Probably have to dump sitton but I like the value of the player at 13 regardless

My first rodeo around these parts...banged the table for Forrest Lamp...

Many disagreed...

Team has holes on the DL OL and QB.
Difficult to fix them all but if J Williams is there at #13 - have to consider.
Couple of options:

Tunsil Sitton McCoy Davis James
Tunsil Sitton Morse Glowinski Williams

I assume that’s Eric McCoy. I’m interested. Very good pulling center. Can hit a moving target and sustain it. Also like that he has the large trunk for anchor etc.

Yes thinking good Rd2 target.
At very least we need a Center and another Guard.

no mention of Beau Benschawel from Wisconsin?

funny you say that. I actually did a mock on first-pick.com where i traded down a couple times and took all 4 Wisconsin lineman (Edwards, Beau, Biadasz, and Reiter).

I'm a fan, but think Beau (and all 4 actually) will be 2nd round picks.

Team has holes on the DL OL and QB.
Difficult to fix them all but if J Williams is there at #13 - have to consider.
Couple of options:

Tunsil Sitton McCoy Davis James
Tunsil Sitton Morse Glowinski Williams

I like Mitch Morse a ton, and maybe Allen will have his eye on him as he was his Center in KC. I just can't see KC letting him slip away and making Mahomes start year 2 with a new center.

Back
Top Bottom