Whats going on with Clay? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whats going on with Clay?

Phinfan99

JUICE IS LOOSE
Reaction score
Is there any news on whats going on with Clay...the suspense is killing me....is he staying or going..

we already have a choice of about 6 threads you can read spanning probably over 100 pages

long story short - nobody in either Buffalo or Miami has the slighest clue what is happening

Nobody knows, would really love it if he came back. with Cameron and him, it would be a matchup nightmare. WE have the cap space. JUST DO IT, and it would weaken the Bills who have no TE.

ANOTHER CLAY THREAD...
head-explodes.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The strange thing is we still don’t have confirmation that Buffalo has officially given him an offer sheet. I suspect that Buffalo is delaying an offer in the hope that that would frustrate Miami and they would move on. Clay’s camp probably doesn’t find Miami’s offer sufficient so Miami seems content to wait on Buffalo. If neither offer meets Clay’s expectations, it wouldn’t surprise me to see him sign Miami’s tender and play one season for $7M and try free agency again next year.

The reality is that Clay's value isn't as high as the initial speculation.

Yeah i'm wondering too. But honestly, I can't fault the guy for taking his time. You don't want to rush these types of life altering decisions. Unless of course, if you wait to long you'll be left in the cold.

The strange thing is we still don’t have confirmation that Buffalo has officially given him an offer sheet. I suspect that Buffalo is delaying an offer in the hope that that would frustrate Miami and they would move on. Clay’s camp probably doesn’t find Miami’s offer sufficient so Miami seems content to wait on Buffalo. If neither offer meets Clay’s expectations, it wouldn’t surprise me to see him sign Miami’s tender and play one season for $7M and try free agency again next year.

I think at some point Clay's own need for direction will trump everything.

I really didn't believe the "Clay is shopping for a house in Buffalo" rumors. Really? You would involve yourself in house hunting before you've signed a contract? What a terrible waste of resources. Was he really afraid there would be nothing he could afford on the market?

Frankly, I don't care anymore. I just want the situation resolved so we can complain about something else.

Well with the Bills I think it was them trying to play chicken with Miami and lost their leverage (Miami signing Cameron) then they decided to wait for Miami to take the tender off Clay but they havent.

Well with the Bills I think it was them trying to play chicken with Miami and lost their leverage (Miami signing Cameron) then they decided to wait for Miami to take the tender off Clay but they havent.

Why would Miami take the tender off. It is the perfect situation for them. And with the loads of Cap that we have keeping Clay on a one year deal may have its advantages for us.

Back
Top Bottom