Whats going on with Clay? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whats going on with Clay?

Well with the Bills I think it was them trying to play chicken with Miami and lost their leverage (Miami signing Cameron) then they decided to wait for Miami to take the tender off Clay but they havent.

Clay and his agent lost leverage when Miami signed Cameron, the Bills lost their leverage when Miami cleared enough cap room to be able to match a front loaded contract.

can we merge this with the current clay threads?

Now Miami has leverage on the Bills cause we can match anything, leverage on Clay with Cameron and Sims and we pushed that leverage telling Clay we give up and that we won't try and offer him a contract anymore. Visiting Browns, hopefully they'll give us an offer to match, if not, Clay may very well play 2015 under the tender.

Clay is still Miami's, he will be until he signs an offer and Miami doesn't match.

It's more than likely he's gonna be playing at a 7 million salary than leaving.

Clay is still Miami's, he will be until he signs an offer and Miami doesn't match.

It's more than likely he's gonna be playing at a 7 million salary than leaving.

Clay is waiting for the phone to ring, and Rex is waiting for Miami to spend their money and remove the tag. Neither of these things will happen and Clay will sign the 7M tender before mini camp.
The Fins are not even concerned one way or the other. The offer is damm good. His agent is holding him back.

Didn't want to start another thread, but what's going on with Clay? I presume he had dinner in the last couple of hours, but besides that ...

[video=youtube;uQnCVBertf0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQnCVBertf0[/video]

I think at some point Clay's own need for direction will trump everything.

I really didn't believe the "Clay is shopping for a house in Buffalo" rumors. Really? You would involve yourself in house hunting before you've signed a contract? What a terrible waste of resources. Was he really afraid there would be nothing he could afford on the market?

Frankly, I don't care anymore. I just want the situation resolved so we can complain about something else.

Yes. Really. That was not a rumor, that was a fact. He spent 3 days in Buffalo. What do you think he was doing all that time - sitting in meetings for 3 days?

The strange thing is we still don’t have confirmation that Buffalo has officially given him an offer sheet. I suspect that Buffalo is delaying an offer in the hope that that would frustrate Miami and they would move on. Clay’s camp probably doesn’t find Miami’s offer sufficient so Miami seems content to wait on Buffalo. If neither offer meets Clay’s expectations, it wouldn’t surprise me to see him sign Miami’s tender and play one season for $7M and try free agency again next year.
Bingo!

Back
Top Bottom