whats going on with mlb contracts!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

whats going on with mlb contracts!!!!

allport30

Starter
Reaction score
wow!!! Bonds = 16mil a year

Soriano = 8 yrs 136 mil which is 17 mil year

something isnt right with that picture 16 million for a guys who cant even hit the ball on the left side of the field barry is a joke and a disgrace

also ted lilly, 4 yrs 40 million what going on with mlb contracts
10 million a year for a .500 pitcher with a 4.3 something lifetime era whats going on

someone help

164 games played. That mean teams are making $$$$$. Im all for players making their money. MLB has a strong Players Union unlike the NFL Players Union.

Amars said:
164 games played. That mean teams are making $$$$$. Im all for players making their money. MLB has a strong Players Union unlike the NFL Players Union.

Thats the bottom line...I dont know what its like at other parks, but I honestly have a tough time justifying spending over $120 bucks for my family of four...just to get in the door (the youngest is only 8 months and therefore still free).:wink:

Once again, I will ignore till August, see if the D-backs are competing and either get interested or wait get tuned into Football...

Theo's deals last year of Big Papi 4 year 52 million and Josh Beckett 3 years 30 million are looking like better deals everyday..

If the guys are getting offered the contracts what are they supposed to do? Rip on Bonds all you want but he's going to put fans in the seats. Whether people love him or hate him fans will come to watch him break the record. Pitchers still fear Bonds even if he "can't even hit the ball on the left side of the field." I think I remember seeing that Bonds had more intentional walks than Pujols. Teams put the shift on for Thome and Ortiz does that mean they're garbage also?

djfresh47 said:
If the guys are getting offered the contracts what are they supposed to do? Rip on Bonds all you want but he's going to put fans in the seats. Whether people love him or hate him fans will come to watch him break the record. Pitchers still fear Bonds even if he "can't even hit the ball on the left side of the field." I think I remember seeing that Bonds had more intentional walks than Pujols. Teams put the shift on for Thome and Ortiz does that mean they're garbage also?

no they arent garbage its just people consider bonds the greatest hitter and no one should be considered great when they cany hit oppisite field

This is what happens when you have a weak free agent class. The marginal players all move up in class because they are all that is available.

GreenMonster said:
Theo's deals last year of Big Papi 4 year 52 million and Josh Beckett 3 years 30 million are looking like better deals everyday..

Ortiz is already talking re-structure though!!!

Once Drew got $14 mill word is his agent was on the phone to Theo

allport30 said:
no they arent garbage its just people consider bonds the greatest hitter and no one should be considered great when they cany hit oppisite field

he hit walk off HR vs Wagner and the Mets last year that was opposite field!

MikeO said:
Ortiz is already talking re-structure though!!!

Once Drew got $14 mill word is his agent was on the phone to Theo

Ummm..... Ortiz's contract got restructured last year. Where did you hear that one?

Ray Finkle said:
Ummm..... Ortiz's contract got restructured last year. Where did you hear that one?

Buster Onley, Jason Staryk ....one of those guys.

MikeO said:
he hit walk off HR vs Wagner and the Mets last year that was opposite field!

Singling one time at bat out of how many thousands doesnt really help your arguement Mike.

That being said, it sickens me to watch how teams play Bonds, you know the shortstop playing all the way around at first base.......the Second baseman playing right field...the Right Fielder playing in the visitors bullpen....what sickens me even more is that even with the ridiculous shift, he is still one of the best to ever swing the bat...:tantrum:

azfinfanmang said:
Singling one time at bat out of how many thousands doesnt really help your arguement Mike.

The guy said he can't hit to the opposite field. One guy gave video of him doing it one time. I just gave another example.

Just proving that he CAN can and DOES hit to the opposite field!:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom