Whats Ricky waiting for | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whats Ricky waiting for

Finfan316

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Watching old game film from last year I have noticed that Ricky is waiting at the GD line of scrimage for a hole to open for him this year. Where as last year he got the ball ran, and it was your own funneral if you wanted to get in the way of that bullet. Plus can't we ever run him off the pitch, or at least off tackle? This up the gut 2 times in a row has got to go.

I remember him getting the axe the one time we pitched it to him this Sunday. I think it was Bruski ( i know I mispelled it ) that tackled him for a 3 yard loss to the left.
As far as his running goes, I think he listened to all the "experts" earlier this year that said he would get burned out, so he started trying to preserve his body. Bleh, ask the Bus if he cared about self preservation.

ricky said he stopped running tentative and he had had 3 straight 100 yards games which naturally we won. The Pats did not let him run by having Harrison up on the line all game and we c/not make them pay via the pass. Expect Philly to do the same thing

Ricky did the same **** last year also. but last year he was obviously more successful.
I think Ricky is great but the fact he doesn't hit the hole right away or just bounce to the outside instead of waiting drives me nuts.
And as far as the calls for the same run of Ricky up the middle Norv should turn the damn page every once in a while.

I think its a number of things.

1. Ricky is paying to much attentio to the stats, and just wants the big runs.

2. O-Line is to slow to do the power runs.

3. Same calls over and over again.

He's obviously running scared. I can't blame him with this OL. He's had very little room to run, and even when its there, it closes very quickly....

You get Ricky an OL, and he'll lead the league in rushing every year. Can you imagine Ricky playing behind KC's OL????....

SCARY!!!:eek:

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

Originally posted by MacAttack
I think its a number of things.

1. Ricky is paying to much attentio to the stats, and just wants the big runs.

2. O-Line is to slow to do the power runs.

3. Same calls over and over again.

1. no... he's waiting for HOLES! how can he break 1 yard by just running into his own lineman? worst comment ever.

2. the oline can't do anything right.. pass block, run block. they're good at penalties though.

3. yup.

ricky isn't "running scared" he's just waiting for his holes. he did the same thing last year, but had a much better line.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21
ricky isn't "running scared" he's just waiting for his holes.

What's the difference???....

Either he's hesitant or he isn't. If he is, then he's running scared IMO. Or shall I say running with less confidence???....

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

Originally posted by Finfan316
Watching old game film from last year I have noticed that Ricky is waiting at the GD line of scrimage for a hole to open for him this year. Where as last year he got the ball ran, and it was your own funneral if you wanted to get in the way of that bullet. Plus can't we ever run him off the pitch, or at least off tackle? This up the gut 2 times in a row has got to go.

i would love to see more pitch to the sides or sweeps, i think the main reason is that we don't have tackles that can run and block with him, they'll try it once then give up on it, we should keep hitting the sides as much as the middle

Running scared? Please. The man takes and gives hits more then 95% of the league.

If you expect Ricky to go intangible and be able to deal with the line collapsing like a house of cards, or a linebacker or DE running untouched into the backfield an instant after he gets the ball..well, then,yes, he's "running scared".

The results have been the same with him running flat out, and trying to dance around to get a hole formed. It all falls onto the line.

Ricky isn't scared to run. He's scared of getting killed by those guys who are coming into our backfield unblocked....

Ricky is a bull, and maybe "running scared" was a bad term to use in describing the situation with the OL....

He's clearly not running with as much confidence this year. It must be the OL....

PHINZ RULE!!!

:fire:

Ricky's 5'11", 225 pounds. Defensive linemen are 6"2+, 260+ pounds. He cant run over everyone. Especially when he's getting hit by linebackers and DE's running unopposed when he's just getting going, nowhere near full speed.

Originally posted by Finfan316
Watching old game film from last year I have noticed that Ricky is waiting at the GD line of scrimage for a hole to open for him this year.

Think maybe this poor guy is waiting for a block and ANY kind of hole at all to run through????

Is it just me that see's Ricky is fighting a losing battle every week against stacked fronts and a horrid O-line?

Back
Top Bottom