What's The Dolphins Biggest Needs Right Now? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's The Dolphins Biggest Needs Right Now?

Air2theThrown

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I lurk a lot but never post.

I've been asked to represent the dolphins in a 4 round mock draft. I would like to pool this board.

What would you say are the biggest needs that must be addressed in the first 4 rounds.

Where do you expect the Dolphins to go in round 1 and 2?

What players do you feel are the perfect fit?

Please list what you feel the needs are in order from 1-4.

Thanks

TE is the biggest singular need on this team.

In an era where TE's are vital to creating mismatches, we've ignored the position altogether and have wondered why our offense was never complete.

That said, it's not a first round position this year so we won't be addressing it Thursday the 26th. You can bet your ass we will be addressing one early Friday night.

OLB is a close 2nd on the needs list but more likely to be addressed with the 11th pick.

Tremaine Edmunds/Dallas Goedert right now appear to be the 2 best prospects we could land at the 2 biggest positions of need.

Top need is VP of Football Operations closely followed by GM. Seriously can we draft some replacements?

Really you're not supposed to go into a draft with giant gaping holes because you don't have anyone capable on your roster. That would be a failure.

With that in mind: TE , Free Safety , 3rd LB, Kicker

Other positions you could use depth and definitely improve but these are the "wtf you don't have anybody (NFL caliber)" positions.

I'm Thinking:

1st Rd.) BPA (probably defense, just can't pinpoint 'who' until we see how it falls)
2nd Rd.) TE (I've never felt more strongly about a specific position in a specific round than a TE here, HAS TO BE!
3rd Rd.) QB, FS, DT or RB
4th Rd.) QB, FS, DT or RB
4th Rd.) QB, FS, DT or RB
6th Rd.) Best Available Kicker or OL
7th Rd.) BA Special Teamer and/or OL
7th Rd.) BA Special Teamer and/or OL

This draft is lining up perfectly for our needs. We can get a high end, linebacker, tight end, and running back right where we need to.
Csonked, not feeling LB THIS YEAR. This year, unless its EDMUNDS, they all seem like 2 down LBs (SMITH is just too light). Too high for that at #11, IMO. Next year, with KIKO jettisoned, our 1st rounder would be LB. We can 'get by' this year with what we've got plus a post June 1st cut. My thoughts...

Csonked, not feeling LB THIS YEAR. This year, unless its EDMUNDS, they all seem like 2 down LBs (SMITH is just too light). Too high for that at #11, IMO. Next year, with KIKO jettisoned, our 1st rounder would be LB. We can 'get by' this year with what we've got plus a post June 1st cut. My thoughts...
this is the deepest linebacker class in years. Smith, Edmunds, and Vanderesch are all absolutely 3 down linebackers and all 3 could be available at 11.

I lurk a lot but never post.

I've been asked to represent the dolphins in a 4 round mock draft. I would like to pool this board.

What would you say are the biggest needs that must be addressed in the first 4 rounds.

Where do you expect the Dolphins to go in round 1 and 2?

What players do you feel are the perfect fit?

Please list what you feel the needs are in order from 1-4.

Thanks

I suspect you'll get broad agreement on top needs - LB/S/TE. TE isn't a high R1 position. DT is arguable. Vea is quite good, but I don't think DT is a R1 need and, so far, it looks like one of the 'critical' need guys will be there at #11. Kicker isn't a need requiring anything above R6. QB is the biggest debate, although, since you're after 1st 4 rounds, stick one in there.

this is the deepest linebacker class in years. Smith, Edmunds, and Vanderesch are all absolutely 3 down linebackers and all 3 could be available at 11.
I don't like SMITH here (too small, same size as our SS McDONALD) but I agree about EDMUNDS & VANDER ESCH (completely forgot about him). Those are the only two LBs worthy of being #11. With VANDER ESCH though, I'd prefer a trade down & then pick him. Just a little high for him IMO.

Back
Top Bottom