What's the O-Line's Issue? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's the O-Line's Issue?

K-Rob

Go Fish!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that I'm not too well versed in the mechanics or technicalities of football, I just have a simple question. What EXACTLY is the issue with the Fins O-Line? I mean, is it bad technique, bad schemes, bad coaching or are they simply not strong enough? The reason I ask this is because of those 4, 3 are correctable right? Obviously they aren't going to get any stronger but technique can be corrected and schemes can be adjusted. Any comments?

Bad personell. Tony Wise is a good o-line coach. They just have crap.

You can't make chicken salad out of chicken $hit.

Sound familiar???

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28

Sound familiar???

Well, isn't it essentially the same O-Line that gave Ricky the room to run for 1,800+ yards last season? I know Wade Smith is a rookie but what about everyone else?

What I don't understand is that this is basically the same line from last year and they performed BRILLIANTLY last year.

Could it be that Jed Weaver was a better blocker than Donald Lee, and Konrad, and McMichael aren't blocking as good as last year? How bout the WR's? Are they blocking? Alot of intangibles to look at concerning the running game.

No, it's not the same O-line.

Our best two O-linemen last season will be nowhere near form this season. Mark Dixon, and Jamie Nails(good) were injured last season/preseason, and have been replaced by Wade Smith and Jamie Nails(evil).

Last season, Mark Dixon and Jamie Nails were our best offensive linemen. The rest of the guys were at best average. The other guys you heard nothing about, and that was good.

This season, Wade Smith and Jamie Nails are our worst offensive linemen. Turd Wade has also gotten worse, and Tim Ruddy has been injured on and off.

In pass protection, Fiedler has made them look better then they really are. He can handle the pass rush better then your average QB.

McMicheal never was that good of a blocker, really. Jed Weaver was pretty good, but they seem kind of loathe to put Donald Lee on the field. And we've seemed to use less two TE sets.

Konrad again, has been hurt on and off too.

Lack of physical strength.. Lack of aggresiveness.. Getting pushed around.. Soft..

Last edited by a moderator:
How about nobody is scared of our QB's so they stack the line of scrimmage to take away the running game?
Or injury's,lack of talent and depth along the O line, plus I have doubts about Tony Wise.

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28

Sound familiar???

Tell that to Bill Bellicheck and Bill Parcells.

Originally posted by K-Rob
Keep in mind that I'm not too well versed in the mechanics or technicalities of football, I just have a simple question. What EXACTLY is the issue with the Fins O-Line? I mean, is it bad technique, bad schemes, bad coaching or are they simply not strong enough? The reason I ask this is because of those 4, 3 are correctable right? Obviously they aren't going to get any stronger but technique can be corrected and schemes can be adjusted. Any comments?

Short answer: They suck

Long answer: Jamie Nails hasn't even had an entire year to recover from his injury (that's why we don't see him on sweeps, pulls, etc.), Wade Smith is a rook, Tim Ruddy is regressing due to age. I couldn't say what exactly is going on with Todd Wade and Todd Perry though.

I believe, other defenses have come up with a sollution on beating the MIA O. One of them used it, and work like a charm and the rest are copying it. It depends in the talent of the other team to execute.

We have a rookie (W. Smith) on LT and a still wounded Nails at LG(IMO), two changes to the line this year.

Just like our D coaches found how to mess up the Buff O, and poof, they have not done anything after that game. Everyone is doing what the Finz did to them. Other teams have said it as well as the Buff players.

Last year we had the same line (minus WS and MD) and heard that other D coaches were setting their protection schemes around Ricky, Chris Chambers and O.Gadsen (before he got hurt) at the beggining of the year.

We lost OG mid year and got Cris Carter (did not perform to expectations). Defenses now had to protect only and against Ricky and C. Chambers.

So by the end of last season, teams stacked the line on Ricky and covered Chambers. The OL had Dixon, instead of still hampered Nails, at LT. They blocked better because of Dixon I believe.

This year without Dixon (out) and Nails not playing to his potential, opposing Ds are just stacking the line, run blitz and hitting all the gaps and penetrating all around, not just the right and middle, and doubling only Chris Chambers as the reciever.

With B. Griese, opposing Ds know he is not mobile and betting the bank, that they can get to him or RW behind the LOS, before the play develops...

Just my opinion....

GOO FFIINZ

:cooldude:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by gottahavefootba

we didn't have any scary qb's last year.

Point taken, but even before Fiedler screwed up his knee this year, he was'nt playing as well as last year. Now that is scary.:eek:

stacking the line is preventing the pass and the run. If Wade and Dixon were in form, we would still be weak at center and the other 2 spots. this situation is sad. there is no hope for actually being good offensively this year. did i say that? sorry.

of course everyone knows that the fan base evaporates when they suck, so they won't suck for too long.

Back
Top Bottom