Whats the point of Picking Chris Carter up.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whats the point of Picking Chris Carter up..

Chubby

SUPERFAN
Reaction score
.....if we are not going to atleast take a shot down the field with him atleast once to keep db's honest. I think Our Cordinator might be the best play caller in the league(so they say) but he is horrible at using his talent wisely.:mad:

Originally posted by Chubby
.....if we are not going to atleast take a shot down the field with him atleast once to keep db's honest. I think Our Cordinator might be the best play caller in the league(so they say) but he is horrible at using his talent wisely.:mad:

You need some of those short passes to work in order for the deep ball to be there. Carter isn't a burner. He can be double covered easier deep. Shorter passes give him a chance to use his quickness and body to get separation. It also gives him a chance to make a play after the catch.

I think we did call some deep balls, but instead of throwing it, Ray saw the coverage and decided not to throw it. I noticed him looking down field a few times and then hesitating with his decisions. Which is good though because it prevents the interception.

Also, in order to get the ball deep, your offensive line has to hold their blocks longer. Were they able to do that?
I don't think so.

Back
Top Bottom