What's this 10 post deal? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's this 10 post deal?

CalDolFan10x14

Your QB for the next 10 years.
Club Member
Reaction score
I notice since it has been in effect, the newbies seem to be making useless, repetitive posts just to get their post count up to 10. :idk:

I notice since it has been in effect, the newbies seem to be making useless, repetitive posts just to get their post count up to 10. :idk:
it's a calculated risk. you want more people to post and stop lurking, telling someone well you can't see sigs, pictures, or attachements until you become more of an active member and less of a lurker, in some cases it spurs people to take an active approach to browsing the forums, in other cases you get noobs posting 10 posts of spam and then back to thier regular lurking. if it gets 1 in 10 former lurkers to actually participate it's worth it.

think of it this way, lurkers with less than 10 posts no longer get to pull down pictures and sigs, thus... speeding up the board for the rest of us.

Still a silly rule, as the newbie like myself could not introduce myself until I had 10 posts. After 10 posts you have no need to introduce yourself. Just remove the introduction sticky if you are requiring 10 posts to post. Just the sound of it is not right. I am just glad its all over and now I am a regular Newbie.

it's a calculated risk. you want more people to post and stop lurking, telling someone well you can't see sigs, pictures, or attachements until you become more of an active member and less of a lurker, in some cases it spurs people to take an active approach to browsing the forums, in other cases you get noobs posting 10 posts of spam and then back to thier regular lurking. if it gets 1 in 10 former lurkers to actually participate it's worth it.

think of it this way, lurkers with less than 10 posts no longer get to pull down pictures and sigs, thus... speeding up the board for the rest of us.
Just curious. So after they have their 10 spam posts, is there anyway of setting someone's account to reset if they do not participate after a certain amount of time? Say maybe after six months they have to do the ten post rule again?

Still a silly rule, as the newbie like myself could not introduce myself until I had 10 posts. After 10 posts you have no need to introduce yourself. Just remove the introduction sticky if you are requiring 10 posts to post. Just the sound of it is not right. I am just glad its all over and now I am a regular Newbie.
It could always be worse. I have seen forums that require 20 or more posts before you are allowed full privileges.

Back
Top Bottom