Whats up with...Olindo Mare | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whats up with...Olindo Mare

phins054

Pitbull
Reaction score
Whats up with...

...the kicking game???

Olindo has been one of the most reliable kickers in the NFL. For the last few years we were at least practicaly guaranteed to get points on a drive if we got to the 30 yd line, but now all of a sudden he seems shaky to say the least.

Our offense is finally where we need it to be. The defense, when it shows up, can dominate. But some of the Special teams play...especially the FG unit need to step it up. JMHO

:monkey: Jets

Wanny in his PC today said...

... Mare was sick before the game. Whatever that's worth that's what he said.

Oliver...

Originally posted by phins054
...the kicking game???

Olindo has been one of the most reliable kickers in the NFL. For the last few years we were at least practicaly guaranteed to get points on a drive if we got to the 30 yd line, but now all of a sudden he seems shaky to say the least.

Our offense is finally where we need it to be. The defense, when it shows up, can dominate. But some of the Special teams play...especially the FG unit need to step it up. JMHO

:monkey: Jets

I love Mare, but he is making about 2 mill a year if he keeps missing a FG a game we have to start looking for a replacement next year.

Olinda Mare

Is anyone else concerned about Mare's kicking this year? He misses a 28 yarder earlier this year then a 45 yarder yesterday and a blocked PAT. We are paying him $2Mil a year.

According to the 'Fins Insider report, his problems may have more to do with Ed Perry's poor snapping this year than it does to do with anything Mare's doing himself. Perry's consistently snapping the ball too high, so Mark Royals has to go up and get it to put it down for the hold, which ultimately throws the timing of the whole kick out of whack.

Hopefully whomever is the cause of the kicking games decline gets a lot of extra practice time this week in order to correct the problem as we're heading to Denver which is certainly not an easy place to play.

Re: Olinda Mare

Originally posted by DolphinVJ
Is anyone else concerned about Mare's kicking this year? He misses a 28 yarder earlier this year then a 45 yarder yesterday and a blocked PAT. We are paying him $2Mil a year.

I don't think that we need to let go of Mare...I just don't want to see us end up like say...Pittsburgh. Solid O, Aggressive D, and a piss poor kicking game.

these whispers will become SCREAMS if he misses a game winner...that said, you gotta give 'em the benefit of the doubt. i dont know that he has ever missed one with the game on the line.

Originally posted by phins054
I don't think that we need to let go of Mare...I just don't want to see us end up like say...Pittsburgh. Solid O, Aggressive D, and a piss poor kicking game.

right, and tennessee the year before w/ del greco

Originally posted by Expo88
According to the 'Fins Insider report, his problems may have more to do with Ed Perry's poor snapping this year than it does to do with anything Mare's doing himself. Perry's consistently snapping the ball too high, so Mark Royals has to go up and get it to put it down for the hold, which ultimately throws the timing of the whole kick out of whack.

Hopefully whomever is the cause of the kicking games decline gets a lot of extra practice time this week in order to correct the problem as we're heading to Denver which is certainly not an easy place to play.
Let's keep our fingers crossed...I saw an excerpt of an interview with Waanstedt in which he said that he believes that this game will come down to the kickers. He's known as a master motivator. He may be trying to pump Olindo up.

Mare is not blaming anyone, but himself though offering little explanation - see MARE MOVES ON
He believes he was ''too fired up'' on the knuckling 45-yarder last Sunday, and said ``the one in the dome [the 28-yarder in Indianapolis] was one of the easiest kicks in the world. How that stuff happens, you have no idea.''

Back
Top Bottom