What's worse... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's worse...

phins054

Pitbull
Reaction score
Being a Philly fan and watching your team drop 3 straight NFC title games (2 at home) and just not get over that hump to the SB.

OR...Bills fan. Watch your team lose 4 straight SBs (3 by a large margin #ss whooping) just to see them get old and decrepit and never return to that glory.

OR...A dolphins fan. Annually see preseason reports predicting great things just to see that Dec fade. All that talent left unfulfilled. A great defense that allows 17 points a game and an Offense that may barely scrape out 20. Or see the offense explode just to see the great D collapse completely (Think Philly...There is no way we should lose when our O posts over 24 points. Not with this D)

Our issue is that we are a veteran team that always seems to be one or two players away but don't seem to find that one player.

In all honesty...I still can't put my finger on the one player that we could get (Coach too) that would put us over the hump.

Yes a legit #2 WR would help the offense but Randy Moss or TO aren't the missing piece.

Help on the O-line would help but Orlando Pace or a Wayne Gandy isn't the missing piece.

Fiedler...I'll skip that one but Brunell or Garcia would help, but alone they are not the answer...So what is???

Originally posted by phins054
Being a Philly fan and watching your team drop 3 straight NFC title games (2 at home) and just not get over that hump to the SB.

OR...Bills fan. Watch your team lose 4 straight SBs (3 by a large margin #ss whooping) just to see them get old and decrepit and never return to that glory.

OR...A dolphins fan. Annually see preseason reports predicting great things just to see that Dec fade. All that talent left unfulfilled. A great defense that allows 17 points a game and an Offense that may barely scrape out 20. Or see the offense explode just to see the great D collapse completely (Think Philly...There is no way we should lose when our O posts over 24 points. Not with this D)

Our issue is that we are a veteran team that always seems to be one or two players away but don't seem to find that one player.

In all honesty...I still can't put my finger on the one player that we could get (Coach too) that would put us over the hump.

Yes a legit #2 WR would help the offense but Randy Moss or TO aren't the missing piece.

Help on the O-line would help but Orlando Pace or a Wayne Gandy isn't the missing piece.

Fiedler...I'll skip that one but Brunell or Garcia would help, but alone they are not the answer...So what is???

Heard a great term the other day the Eagles are the JV version of the Bills.

That being said it would have been tough to be a bills fan back in the day.

If you notice, these 2 SB teams have a lot in common: no star players (at least big stars), a great coaching staff, and TEAMWORK. They listen to their coach, they work as a team, and they win. The Fins have the big names and the crappy coaching staff who wouldn't get in their faces about getting hyped up about a game. That's the problem.

buffalo sucks... to be embarrassed at that level seems worst....

it is almost better to lose early if you are not going to win....

championship losers are thought of worst than those who

lose on a lesser stage...

The Main thing about all sports is that only one team goes home completely happy at the end, and that is the champion.

Look at the Yankees to see what coming up one game short means to those expecting to win. You think Colt, Eagle, Bronco, titan, cowboy, Ram, Packer, and Baltimore fans are looking at the silver lining after their playoff losses. They are all doing the same thing as wanny and the phins right now, getting to mobile.

If the Pats win, the Panther fans may find some relief in the fact no one expected them to be there, but losing will still sting. If the pats lose, then the 14 game winning streak and all the other crap and hoopla mean zip! That's sports baby.

The Dolphins and the super bowl winner will share one thing in common; They both won their last game. Everyone else has gone home a loser!

Gator

Good point Gator...I just don't really know what the issue is with Miami...Marino in the front office doesn't seem to be the right answer. Coaching could be an issue but really...who out there as a coach can lift us up. IF JJ couldn't do it...who can.

What is the key position to lift us up???

The real answer is none. There is not a single position. And our areas of need may not be addressed via FA and the draft.

My logic is pretty much leave the D alone...don't touch it and focus everything on O...I mean everything...I dont want to hear about D player FA visits or drafting D players...All O line WR and QB.

Originally posted by phins054
Good point Gator...I just don't really know what the issue is with Miami...Marino in the front office doesn't seem to be the right answer. Coaching could be an issue but really...who out there as a coach can lift us up. IF JJ couldn't do it...who can.

What is the key position to lift us up???

The real answer is none. There is not a single position. And our areas of need may not be addressed via FA and the draft.

My logic is pretty much leave the D alone...don't touch it and focus everything on O...I mean everything...I dont want to hear about D player FA visits or drafting D players...All O line WR and QB.

If I were charged with improving this team, and could do it with only improving ONE player (and not replacing one) it would be Jay's accuracy I would work on. That IMO is what hurt us most.

Losing 4 superbowls in a row sucked...no hiding that.
But 4 years of dominance over a conference is something to be proud of IMO...

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
Losing 4 superbowls in a row sucked...no hiding that.
But 4 years of dominance over a conference is something to be proud of IMO...

Hear hear. 1 of those SBs should have been yours too...

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
XXV:(

Yeah. Don Cheadle does those commercials about "what might have been" for Super Bowls. He should do one for if Norwood had made that kick. Who knows how things would have turned out otherwise?

That being said, Buffalo also had Dallas on the ropes in XXVIII. If Thurman Thomas doesn't fumble that ball, and the Bills go down to score a touchdown, they win that game.

I would give a lot to see the Dolphins in a Super Bowl (I was very young and not even watching football for their games with the Niners and Redskins).

Originally posted by DolphinzD

Yeah. Don Cheadle does those commercials about "what might have been" for Super Bowls. He should do one for if Norwood had made that kick. Who knows how things would have turned out otherwise?

That being said, Buffalo also had Dallas on the ropes in XXVIII. If Thurman Thomas doesn't fumble that ball, and the Bills go down to score a touchdown, they win that game.

I would give a lot to see the Dolphins in a Super Bowl (I was very young and not even watching football for their games with the Niners and Redskins).

That SB against the Redskins made me sick. The one against the Niners may have been even worse, since I lived in and grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area :(

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

That SB against the Redskins made me sick. The one against the Niners may have been even worse, since I lived in and grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area :(
4th and 1...Here comes the Diesel!:D

Back
Top Bottom