Whats Wrong With All Of You | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whats Wrong With All Of You

Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
Fletch is NOT garbage, he will be ready to start next season. Then use the cap space created by Mad's departure to re-sign Terry Cousin for nickel back.

Madison's departure won't happen, neither will Surtain's. They both make a ton of money and it will cause a huge cap hit if they were released. Our defense would also suck without them, and Jamar isn't ready. Also, Jamar was drafted so that we would have a good third corner, not for him to start.

I'm friggin tired of this crap. "We go down the crapper at the end of every year, blah blah blah blah blah". Has it ever occured to you that this team isn't the same team that sucked at the end of the season 5 years ago? We broke the Jets jinx didn't we. Who says we can't break this jinx. What's the point of watching football if you hate it because you know we're gonna suck? What's the point of paying any attention if you know what's going to happen? And what the **** is the talk that we STILL need a new QB? It hasn't occured to you that Jay Fiedler is one of the better QB's in the NFL? And who wouldn't be satisfied with going 10-6 for the season when we lasted two months with our 1st string QB out, our 2nd string QB all banged up, our LT out, and our #2 WR out? 10-6 will win this division and get us in the playoffs. Right now, I don't care what the hell our seed in the playoffs is. You have to concentrate on getting there first. There are only 2 wildcards and if we lose this weekend, we aren't in first place anymore. The AFC is not very good this year. We went into Denver and won, there isn't any reason why we can't do it again. They are the best team in the AFC. If you're pissed off all the time and hate the Dolphins because they always lose in the playoffs, then go become a Jets fan. Ask them how they feel when they DON'T make the playoffs for 30 of 32 years.

Thanks Breck, Bye the way I do have faith In Fletcher as a starter I think by next year He will be ready, He has great Spead and Does understand the Game(COACHS DURING PRESEASON SAID SO) all he need to do was learn the mechanics and you have seen every game he continues to improve

Originally posted by breckenridge55
I'm friggin tired of this crap. "We go down the crapper at the end of every year, blah blah blah blah blah". Has it ever occured to you that this team isn't the same team that sucked at the end of the season 5 years ago? We broke the Jets jinx didn't we. Who says we can't break this jinx. What's the point of watching football if you hate it because you know we're gonna suck? What's the point of paying any attention if you know what's going to happen? And what the **** is the talk that we STILL need a new QB? It hasn't occured to you that Jay Fiedler is one of the better QB's in the NFL? And who wouldn't be satisfied with going 10-6 for the season when we lasted two months with our 1st string QB out, our 2nd string QB all banged up, our LT out, and our #2 WR out? 10-6 will win this division and get us in the playoffs. Right now, I don't care what the hell our seed in the playoffs is. You have to concentrate on getting there first. There are only 2 wildcards and if we lose this weekend, we aren't in first place anymore. The AFC is not very good this year. We went into Denver and won, there isn't any reason why we can't do it again. They are the best team in the AFC. If you're pissed off all the time and hate the Dolphins because they always lose in the playoffs, then go become a Jets fan. Ask them how they feel when they DON'T make the playoffs for 30 of 32 years.

it was sad reading this post in obvious reply to mine. it just further proved my point indirectly. not to mention you leave out obvious questions that this team has to overcome to beat a good team in denver again that smacks you silly. we dont have guys who can smack. we have 220 lb's who get taken out on third downs so we can have 200 lb guys flying around trying to take the ball out of someones hands so they can run for antoher 10 yards downfield and make us look like wimps.

I still think we are in great shape for the season. But, the division title is in jeopardy. I don't think we can win at all until Jay comes back. And by that time, he would have to run the table for us which would be very hard to do. If we could go 10-6, that would be a great second half for us. It will also give us a good enough shot to make a run in the playoffs. Hopefully Lucas will finally do something, or Jay will make a quick return.

So what you're saying Breck, is that Jay is singlehandedly responsible for any wins we've had.

PLEASE!

Ray had one meltdown game, then team had a meltdown game around him in GB. GB was just like the KC game in which Jay was completely incapable of shouldering the team to a comeback as well.

Jay is definitely more prepared and in sync to run the team no doubt, but this team will win with Ray Lucas at the helm. They just need to play as a team and then they CAN win.

Originally posted by Chubby
Thanks Breck, Bye the way I do have faith In Fletcher as a starter I think by next year He will be ready, He has great Spead and Does understand the Game(COACHS DURING PRESEASON SAID SO) all he need to do was learn the mechanics and you have seen every game he continues to improve

Actually Fletcher has middle of the pack speed. More like Madison.
If he's going to make a successful transition he has to be much more sound in his technique because he'll NEVER be able to run with the better speed receivers.

And what the **** is the talk that we STILL need a new QB? It hasn't occured to you that Jay Fiedler is one of the better QB's in the NFL?

UMMMMMM......

NOPE!

He's a good QB that is efficient and can win with the right people around him.

Can he take control of a game on his own..... no way.

I think that is all people are saying.
He's no franchise QB. So obviously you keep looking for that guy while Jay is playing.

Are you saying you'd rather the Dolphins not look to find and bring in the next Favre, Warner, Elway or Marino type QB???

Originally posted by Chubby
Finsfan that was great, I completely agree with the fact that we should trade Madison for a good pic. Madison is not as good as he is rated,DOnt get me wrong Hes good,but I dont think he is as good as PAT

You have to be careful in trading for picks......

Fletcher was a first rounder, Leaf was a first rounder, Sammy Smith was a first rounder, etc.

MAYBE you trade him for a proven player...... MAYBE

I STIL THINK WE CAN AFFOARD TO DO THIS TRADE. WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET ALOT FOR MADISON

I hate to sound pessimistic but yes I'm of the camp that thinks that it is probably more likely than not, that we will not make the playoffs this year. Sorry, but thats just being objective. You say we're better off than 85% of the league and you're right, in current record. But that has nothing to do with how we will finish. If that were so then when we were 5-1 there wasn't a chance in hell that we would lose the division...and yet here we are two other teams vying for the division with the same standing as us, and one team only one game behind. Why is this?

One simple reason. Ray Lucas. This is why I believe we will not make the playoffs. Because I'm THAT doubtful of Ray Lucas' abilities to lead this offense. Is there any reason I should NOT be that doubtful of Lucas? Please, if you can think of a reason let me know because lord knows I'd like to find something to hold onto.

Listen. Lucas is slated to play AT LEAST 2 more games. Possibly three games. Being severely OPTIMISTIC, lets say that Lucas actually manages to WIN one of those games (quite frankly I don't see it). Then we end up 6-6 with Fiedler coming back from a thumb injury that is extremely hard to rehab from. I expect that Fiedler himself will lose 2 games, personally. And thats just knowing Fiedler. I mean, the man's got a 71% win percentage but that isn't a 95% win percentage. He's already 5-1 as starter this year. Expecting him to end up 9-1 as a starter this season...thats pretty severely optimistic given his past performances. He's not Dan Marino guys, Fiedler can and has screwed up before its just that he wins a lot. Thats good, we have ourselves a good quarterback....not a perfect one. He showed he's not perfect in Kansas City when he proved incapable of putting the team on his shoulders and winning a game when other parts of the team are failing.

I mean think about it. Lucas is expected to start 3 more games. Being severely optimistic and assuming he wins one of these, we're still 6-6 when Fiedler arrives. Then you expect FIEDLER to go 4-0 in the month of DECEMBER on the MIAMI DOLPHINS? God, Dan Marino never would have even been asked to serve up that dish. 9-7 does not make the playoffs the way the AFC is set up now with 4 division winners locked.

God I hope I'm wrong. I hope all the sudden we see a Lucas that, as of yet, we've totally NOT seen. But, unfortunately I think Lucas has shown his true colors and our only hope of winning some is to get him out of the game.

Were 85% better than the rest of nfl TODAY,and I am talking about our team even with the injuries, but I agree that I have no faith in LUCAS at all, BUT I have faith in this team as a whole.

I think we will beat the Ravens and we will have a very good shot at beating the Chargers. Ray Lucas can win 2 games and Jay can come back for the Buffalo game (who he always beats up on)

CKP's scenario is likely. I can't see any better than 9-7 with losses to SD, Buff, and NE.

Back
Top Bottom