Whats wrong with Garcia as QB?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whats wrong with Garcia as QB??

I rather stay with Fiedler than Garcia..

Garcia no thanks..

Fiedler will never be as good as Garcia he has had more rushing yards passing yards and more td in one year than Fiedler has had in two years.

What is up for wanting a deep passing QB good arm is good but if this guy can pass all over the field pretty good rating. Why does have to have a 70 yard bomb. He is pretty accurate he has his off games but not as bad as Fiedler Garcia has proven more than Fiedler. Garcia has done this without a good running game. If you dont like him fine but he is a gammer and a damn good QB.

Originally posted by KBISBACK
There are a lot of quarterbacks who have the mental game that aren't in the league because they don't have the arm. Danny Wuerfful. Josh Heupel. Steve Walsh. The list goes on and on.

And Garcia's arm strength is way higher than any of those guys. It doesn't make sense to compare Heupel, a guy who never even played in the league, to a guy who outperformed Montana and Young.

Thank rafael give credit were credit is due this guy broke single season records over Young and Montana. It is crazy to say it is because of TO he is good but he is no Rice. Montana had Clark Taylor among other greats. Young Had the same kind of Supporting cast.

They must not like Garcia because he is better that 3/4 of the Qb's in the league and some of these guys say Fiedler is better than him. I wish he was we would have won a couple of SB's by now. passing game and a running game and hell of a defense.

Garcia is made for west coast offense that feature alot short passes but Norv offense is about making big plays in the passing game.People who think Garcia have better arm than Fiedler,don't know what they are talking about.Garcia doesn't fit the mold to run this offense which require a QB who can consistently hit deep ball.

No one else better than Mark Brunell that will be available...

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think Norv will want a Garcia. I have to think norv is looking at Warner/Brunell becuase warner is a pocket passer which norv wants and someone who can get it to everyone on the field anywhere on the field. Garcia is a west coast guy. I cuold see Garcia in Arizona (not that they are west coast....... offense).

I still think Jon Kitna would be a good pickup if we had a line that could block for him. I know alot of poeple dont like that but i know alot of people here just like big names too. Poeple want someone they can brag about.

i agree we want someone we can brag about - but kitna? you think marvin will give up his star QB that brought the team back? kitna isn't even in the picture.

warner is too fidgety - hears footsteps. plus he's over his prime. brunell i fear is the same. he had great numbers a year ago, but hasn't played for a year and just our luck he'd be rusty and get hurt then retire. we'd waste a lot of money/high draft pick on him. johnson would be the next best choice i think, b/c he HAS been playing and HAS been good and is ACCUSTOMED to norv turner's offense.

Garcia i think would be the best bet - forget this "not used to norv's schemes" BS - i am willing to bet that for a GOOD QB, norv would make some adjustments. and just b/c garcia has been playing for a west-coast offense team, doesn't mean he can't handle our deep and out route offense.

and whoever thinks fielder is better than garcia needs to put the ganja down - check the stats EACH YEAR on pro-football-reference.com..... there hasn't been a single year where fiedler's stats were even CLOSE to garcias.... garcia's lowest passer rating is higher than fiedler's highest!

cheers!

I agree with you 100 % texasPHINSfan forget that West Coast offense BS that dude can throw east or west coast. It don't that you can throw better if you are in the West Coast what is the air different.:D The Guy is a gamer he can throw anywere if he has got talented recievers. One year yardage and tds are better than Fiedlers #'s in two seasons. When fans don't like sertain players they can't admitt they are good. (Fiedler wishes that good) I like Fiedler alright but he aint that good.

Back
Top Bottom