What's wrong with the bills??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's wrong with the bills???

Butterfrog 2.0

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This is NOT the time to bench Losman, they got this kid because they were tired of consitent mediocracy from Bledsoe. Bledsoe would ALWAYS get them around .500 or better, and maybe a playoff berth but nothing more. They wanted a young guy who could be groomed to take them deep, but you can't groom a guy from the bench!!!! Every QB is going to have their growing pains once they start playing, I don't care if you put him out there on day 1, or he sits and doesn't play until his 5th year in the league, The only way a QB gets better is by PLAYING!!!!! Now don't get me wrong, I'm glad Buffalo is bungling on this decision, but it just seems awefully(well let me think of the word) STUPID!!!

Stupid is right.

If Holcomb is indeed the starter this Sunday, the Bills are making a horrible mistake. You don't bench a rookie, with whom you have bestowed the starting job on for the extent of his career, after just four games. His confidence is going to plummet drastically... if he has any left.

According to Mularkey, we were to take a step forward, not backwards, with Losman as the starter. This is a bad move for his career if it is indeed true. If this is the case, we might as well have just kept Bledsoe. You don't get rid of a veteran that could at least complete long passes and keep the team in the game, for basically a rookie and expect to be in the playoffs... then pull him after 4 games.

They're the Bills,thats the problem.

The Bengals took the growing pains with Palmer last season and now look where they're at. Benching Losman is a dumb move.

IMO, the Bills doesn't care about the future of the team, they only care about the present time. The Bills are screwing themselves up with not letting Losman go through his growing pains.

IMO, the problem has multiple parts:

1. They gave up too much for Losman.

2. Because they gave up so much, they rushed him into the starting position.

3. They sold the local fans the story that Losman was ready and any growing pains would be masked by the rest of the team. They also heavily marketed the idea that Sam Wyche would coach him up and that JP spent the entire offseason getting ready.

4. Since they sold the story, there was no QB competition. This leads to two problems - puts them in an bad position if JP doesn't perform, and Holcomb got limited reps in minicamp and preseason. The entire focus was on getting JP ready.

5. Leaving Losman in at this point could hinder his development as much as help. For every Peyton Manning, there is a Ryan Leaf. Some guys just don't recover from being rushed.

IMO, they should have gotten rid of the veteran that was blamed for the problems (which they did) and brought in a more established veteran than Holcomb (say Frerotte). They should have had an open competition (see Frerotte v. Feeley). If the veteran wins, you have the fall back that Losman is still young and missed time last year. Later you have the option of going to Losman when he is more prepared.

Now they have shaken Losman's confidence and it looks like they have lied to a very loyal fan base about JP's readiness. Donahoe, Mularkey and Wyche are looking really bad right now.

Geez, this reminds me of Wannsuck panicking last year. The bills are in for a long, long season. They gave up way too much for Losman and now they're in a panic because he's too green for the NFL. I remember listening to the Big-O in WQAM saying that Losman was at least 2 years away from starting when he was drafted. That was the same year Eli Manning was drafted as the number 1 overall, that means that Losman still has one more year to go to be considered a rookie with rough edges in the NFL. Tom Donahoe is killing the bills from inside.... not that I'm complaining or anything. ;)

their first mistake is letting Losman start this soon and then their next mistake is gonna be benching Losman, if you go with a young guy you gotta stick with him until you reach a verdict of boom or bust. but they shouldn't had started Losman this soon because their o-line sucks and can't allow him to get into a groove plus getting sacked so much can rattle a young QBs confidence

They want to win games, and they dont think they'll do that with Losman. I dont know about some Bills fans but I want to win, i dont want to throw away a season so pretty boy can get "groomed", screw him, if hes not ready now, let someone that knows what hes doing get in there and salvage the season in anyway possible.

TakeoSpikes51 said:
They want to win games, and they dont think they'll do that with Losman. I dont know about some Bills fans but I want to win, i dont want to throw away a season so pretty boy can get "groomed", screw him, if hes not ready now, let someone that knows what hes doing get in there and salvage the season in anyway possible.

How is he going to get ready by sitting on the bench?

I think Losman just lost a lot of confidence in the coaching staff team and Franchise by being benched this week. If Holcombe gets killed the next 2 weeks it will just look worse on Buffalos part for benching Losman in the first place.

byroan said:
How is he going to get ready by sitting on the bench?

I dont know, ask Rich Gannon who sat the bench for 10 years before he became a starter. Or how did Tom Brady become so good without having a learning period? It can be done, its not totally worthless to keep obvserving. Phil Rivers will still be a good QB and he never plays. Its not going to runin his career.

Back
Top Bottom