Whats your rebuild blueprint for the Fins?

mrbunglez

Reading Is Fundamental
Reaction score
I honestly don’t think they would’ve tore apart that oline by getting rid of Tunsil if they truly thought Rosen was going to be the guy here. I think they would’ve built it with Tunsil at the anchor for Rosen then everything else would follow suit. I just have this feeling they think of him as a great # 2 not a #1. Don’t hate JMHO.

jaxphin38

Rookie
Reaction score
We clearly have to many needs, so best player available is way to go. Outside of Tua or Hurts no other QB is worth 1st round consideration. OL, DE, and CB are the most pressing areas we need. We are desperately lack a pass rush.

dougb123

Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I think Tua is the best passing QB I've seen, still believe selling both Tua and Trevor is not out of the realm of possibility.

Would lose a lot of fans in the short term, long term you would be set up for a decade. 6 or 7 1st and 2 or 3 2nds plus your own draft picks.

j-off-her-doll

Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Tua should be a foregone conclusion, but the staff needs to work on a plan to sell Tua to Miami. How are you going to protect him and surround him with talent? I doubt he cares as much about the D.

Russ57

Scout Team
Reaction score
Nothing is more important than QB! And I mean backup and development QB in addition to the starter. With Rosen and Ruddock we may have two of the three needs already filled. Next year there might be as many as four potential franchise QB's. We need to get that right first and foremost. Next years draft looks to be the best opportunity no matter what we think of Rosen. If our pick doesn't work out we try again in 2021. Quality QB's should be viewed as capitol for future assets and you need to be prepared if your starter has a season ending injury (or if that happens to another team).

Next we have to address the OL. I'd rather spend the money and get proven quality FA's but they rarely hit the market and one almost always overpays. Still I'd do it if I could. Draft what you can't buy. The only other place I'd spend first year assets is on the DL. I can't stress this enough, QB and OL must be set in year one of the rebuild no matter the cost. Ditto on DL in year two. So no WR's, CB's, LB's, DB's, RB's for me until the QB, OL, and DL are set. That would include quality depth on OL and DL too.

Later round picks in year one and two should be used on the glue guys like FB's, blocking TE's, return guys, kickers, and punters. Rounds five and later can often get you top shelf talent for these type of guys.

Year three is when I go get my skill players. Experience has shown you don't have to burn a first round pick to get quality WR's, CB's, TE's, RB's and safety. But year three is when I would consider a first round pick for some of those guys. I just wouldn't do it before then unless something special falls in the draft.

It is going to be painful and it doesn't help us to win a bunch of extra games in the first couple of years.

Lets also hope that by year three or four we have a promising enough team, with a strong enough culture, that we can take on someone like an Antonio Brown and have it work out for us.

LargoFin

Second String
Reaction score
Rebuild stats with putting Steve Ross behind bars together with the rest of swindlers in the building.
After that, first order of business should be getting Jack Del Rio to coach the defense, now. Not tomorrow. Now. Call him now.

Top Bottom