Wheeler's Contract? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wheeler's Contract?

phinasota

Bleed Aqua
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Im not knocking anything Ireland did yesterday. I can for once say I am very satisfied with him so far. Im psyched for this year and the draft!!!!! One question though, do you think because he pretty much has to hit homeruns this year that he over paid Phil Wheeler?? I mean the dude's stats are not much better than Kevin Burnetts stats were last year. Now Iv'e never seen him play so Im not sure how much of an impact he had for the raiders last year but do you think it was worth 26 mil?

Raiders fans aren't happy about letting him go. He was perhaps their best defensive player last year, and we gave him a lower mid tier FA contract. People get big money in FA, they always have and always will. We did overpay, but its a fair price and he should be worth it.

You only look at the guaranteed money which is 13 million over a 5 year contract. Not bad for a productive LB is this league.

You only look at the guaranteed money which is 13 million over a 5 year contract. Not bad for a productive LB is this league.

ahh, yes, i didnt think about that. well that makes it better! Im still happy about the pick up! Younger, faster, more athletic! I hope we pick up winston and i hope he is the last free agent we bring in. Everything else is in the draft IMO

Look at it like this, remember when we signed Randy Starks to a 5/21 mill contract with 7 mill a year and he basically outplayed that contract. Ireland views Wheeler and Ellerbe as two players entering there prime who should also out play these contracts.

Back
Top Bottom