When Are They Ever Going To Learn | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When Are They Ever Going To Learn

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
r24.jpg

Why do we bring in these bums that worked with Gase in Denver. Denver and Miami are different situations. In Denver you had a good organizational structure. In Miami you do not. Did it work out with Julius Thomas? Did it work out with Jay Cutler? Christ, when is this going to stop!:wall

Holding pattern: The Dolphins signed running back C.J. Anderson to an offer sheet two years ago when he was a restricted free agent, but they didn’t get him because the Denver Broncos matched the offer. Now that Anderson is a free agent after being released by the Broncos, it has been suggested the Dolphins could be interested in revisiting the idea of bringing him aboard. Anderson had his first 1,000-yard rushing season in 2017, but his lone Pro Bowl invitation came in 2014 when Gase was his offensive coordinator. “We’ll certainly see what happens once we get after the draft with any free agents, and we’ll see where we are,” Tannenbaum said. “We’ve got to get through the draft here first. That’s the next opportunity and then we’ll look at other things once we get through that.
http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/a...nference/9d148a7b-3990-47c3-aaa8-3c5bbff95496

Not sure this is worth getting worked up about. Anderson would be a good addition and it's not remotely similar to the Thomas and Cutler situations. What is it that you don't like about Anderson other than the Gase connection?

That would be 2000+ plus yards between Mssrs Gore and Anderson just last season. Add our newly appreciated stud Drake for the lions share of the carries. What's the problem with that???

I'm relieved we didn't trade any value for him, but really, Anderson with a 1000 yd season in his immediate rearview mirror at the age of 27 is hardly a "bum."

All coaches bring guys from their past. Why should we be mad at Gase for doing this?

Not sure why anyone would be against this. Good player, productive, and still rather young.

Not really even sure what is so bad about what was said in the article ‘will see what happens after the draft’.

That could mean just about anything in reality, unless you wanted him to say - ‘we just have no interest’.

The next head coach who does not bring in guys from previous stops that he believes fit his system or locker room culture will be the first as far as I know. Some hit and some miss. And Cutler was a Break Glass in Gase of Emergency situation...Unfortunately the fire may have been preferable.

I was really hoping that we signed him when I opened this thread.
However I was a victim of some pointless rant by the op

r24.jpg

Why do we bring in these bums that worked with Gase in Denver. Denver and Miami are different situations. In Denver you had a good organizational structure. In Miami you do not. Did it work out with Julius Thomas? Did it work out with Jay Cutler? Christ, when is this going to stop!:wall

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/a...nference/9d148a7b-3990-47c3-aaa8-3c5bbff95496

When I have a choice between hiring someone I know, trust, and solves a problem that I need solved vs. someone I've never met and don't know much about, I always hire the unknown person because I might get lucky said absolutely not one person with hiring authority, EVER.

r24.jpg

I sort of know what your mean, it seems like to many of Gases coaches and players are people he knows. So the Dolphins must rely on Grier, Tanenbum (not thrilled with that combo) and Gase's limited circle. It doesn't seem like a formula for for great success given that Gase is a 3rd year head coach still learning the biz. The brain trust on this team Ross, and the previous 3 stooges mentioned do no elicit great confidence in their modus operandi.

Back
Top Bottom