When are we going to start Minor??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When are we going to start Minor???

dolfan201

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Lamar is not getting it done. It would be impossible for Minor to get less yards then Smith, at least he would get some work in. I don't see a down side to it....

Wanne and Chan want to eat clock and it takes longer to unpile the tacklers when Lamar is in there; thus eating more clock :goof:

Lamar is breaking some tackles. He only has two games that he's rushed for more than 55 yards. He's got five games to get it steam rolling ahead for the playoffs.

i sound like a broken record...........

i want to see lamar and minor in at the same time. fake to one and give it to the other, keep the defense guessing! ;)

Re: i sound like a broken record...........

Originally posted by dolfan06
i want to see lamar and minor in at the same time. fake to one and give it to the other, keep the defense guessing! ;)
- do not expect Chan to go that route - he has never done anything like that.

check this out

from http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...olphins-front

Q: You recently said that Travis Minor didn't have the size to hold up over a 16-game schedule to be the starting tailback. How you can make such a statement given the fact that he's only 6 pounds lighter than Curtis Martin and that he's much larger than Warrick Dunn? Frank Moore, Waltham, MA

A: Again, I believe Minor wouldn't be as effective over 16 games because he simply doesn't have the size to withstand the pounding that comes with being an every-down back in the NFL. Minor is shaped differently than Martin and Dunn has the tendency to wear down when placed in a featured role for an extended period of time.

Travis in a "B" Minor

I think you'll see more of Travis next season but any chance he'll play more this season is kinda of Minor importance. (I just had to throw that in there ya know):cool:

Dolfan201.........

Originally posted by dolfan201
Lamar is not getting it done. It would be impossible for Minor to get less yards then Smith, at least he would get some work in. I don't see a down side to it....

Don't forget to take into consideration that we have a makeshift offensive line. What I mean is that we are on our third left tackle, and our 2nd left guard. Not to mention the fact that Todd Wade, our best offensive lineman in my opinion, has been nicked up some this year. That situation wouldn't bode well for any RB in the entire league. If Marshall Faulk, Curtis Martin, Edgerrin James, etc. don't have a quality offensive line to open up running lanes for them, then they wouldn't be able to have the constant success that they have season after season.

Back
Top Bottom