When do the players get assigned or pick a # | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When do the players get assigned or pick a #

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I want to get me a few rookie jerseys.Especially Tua.i won't buy them unless I know it will be their number for good.
Does anyone know when the get #s

Lol. You guys posted the same post at the same time. I have no idea. I hope he goes with 5, 7, or 8.

Rosen should give up.3.. he ain't going be here long....

May not mean anything but it looks like the last few years Miami has assigned them around May 9-11. So I would expect we get them soon. A lot of other teams already assigned theirs

Be careful it's not uncommon for a rookie to have one number at the start of camp and then switch to another at the start of the regular saeson after some others have been released. For example Tua might have #5 in training camp and then if Rosen gets cut or trade Tua my opt for #3 instead. For example Preston Williams wore #82 throgh preseason last season, so by September people would be saying ""Williams is number 18 not 82!"

Be careful it's not uncommon for a rookie to have one number at the start of camp and then switch to another at the start of the regular saeson after some others have been released. For example Tua might have #5 in training camp and then if Rosen gets cut or trade Tua my opt for #3 instead. For example Preston Williams wore #82 throgh preseason last season, so by September people would be saying ""Williams is number 18 not 82!"
Exactly, although Tua being a QB won't have "competition" for numbers, like for example an O-lineman or DB.

For those of us who plan on purchasing his jersey, that would really be upsetting if he changes it like Williams did.

Any uniform number assigned now, won’t necessarily reflect what will be on them week 1. Dolphins have like 90 bodies signed right now

I am rooting for 8 or 10 for Tua. Funny how everyone has their own personal preferences. Your number is like a fashion statement, which automatically lends itself to different tastes.

When I was in college, my friends were surprised that I could rattle off the number of virtually any player. I didn’t study it or anything but it must be how I think about a player, where I associate the number with my visual mental image of him. I was more surprised they couldn’t do it once you got past the stars.

Back
Top Bottom