When Dwyane Wade's hurt, who ya gonna call? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When Dwyane Wade's hurt, who ya gonna call?

Fresh

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
SHAQ!

Wade left the game in the second quarter with an injury and never came back, unfortunately. Everybody is so concerned about O'Neal and his injuries, yet Wade has been the injury prone one this year.

Anyway, some guys stepped up and played great basketball. Shaq had 40 points, 12 boards, 5 blocks, 3 assists, 1 turn over, and went 10-16 from the foul line. Just flat-out great basketball by the Daddy. But this came at no surprise to me. If Wade's not in there, you're going to see more of what Shaq can do. This just proves what he can do, and how unselfish a player he is.

Damon Jones chipped in with 12 boards, 9 assists, and 6 boards. Since D.J. has started, he has averaged over 14 points and 6 assists with 1 turn over, and the Heat are 5-0 with D.J. in the starting line-up. Funny enough, this is his first game in about 5 where he didn't make atleast three triples, but he still nailed too.

Rasual Butler continues to provide one hell of a spark off the bench. He had 16 points on 6/9 shooting with 7 boards and 5 assists. In the last 5 games, he's been in double-figures in scoring 4 times.

As for the final piece...Eddie Jones played very well tonight, and will probably play well on Wed & Friday before hitting his 2-point game slumps. :shakeno:
E.J. had 14 points on 6/13 shooting with 6 boards.

The Heat have won 5-straight games now and are in first place in the Eastern Conference. Your Southeast standings as of right now:

1.Miami, 16-7
2.Washington, 12-7
3.Orlando, 12-7
4.Charlotte, 4-14
5.Atlanta, 4-16

At the moment, Orlando is down at the half to the Suns and have a tough strand of games ahead. I believe they play the Spurs twice, Miami once, and a few other West teams this month.

Miami also has the best conference record in the NBA at 13-2, and is 4-0 in the division.

Oh yeah, and Wade's PPG dropped from 23.8 to 22.6 after getting hurt tonight. :rolleyes2

All indications lead to him being able to play @ Washington on Wed.

Sunshine Network(Heat TV)'s cast said if the game was close at the end, he may of been able to come back. It wasn't close though, cause the Daddy put the HEAT on em!

Suns 121, Magic 100. See, the Magic start playing some good teams now and they are just average, which is exactly what I said.

Orlando was like 1.5 up on Miami last week. Updated standings:

1.Miami, 16-7
2.Washington, 12-7
3.Orlando, 13-8
4.Charlotte, 4-14
5.Atlanta, 4-16

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
40 points for Shaq. Maybe this is his breakout game!

This was the Daddy's highest scoring game since March 3, 2004.

not to mention my Lakers did help the Heat,by beating the Magic. Lakers playing better not great though. Should be fun Christmas Day, a little Shaq Kobe reunion.Think it will be all hugs and kisses.LOL!!!!!!! Although I do think the Heat are the better team(right now).Will see............

If the Magic played defense they'd be a force but since they don't, they'll be a first round exit at best!

I was not aware the heat played tonite.
:couch:
But im glad Shaq finally broke through with a 40 point effort.
Shaq:hump:

PHINATIC13 said:
not to mention my Lakers did help the Heat,by beating the Magic. Lakers playing better not great though. Should be fun Christmas Day, a little Shaq Kobe reunion.Think it will be all hugs and kisses.LOL!!!!!!! Although I do think the Heat are the better team(right now).Will see............

Hell yeah, I saw that game on Orlando's Sunshine Network I think.

Nice job, Lakers! :up:

BTW- We're going to beat the **** out of you on Christmas day. ;) :D :tongue:

Diesel Power!

If we can beat Washington, then Orlando, we'll be sittin pretty in the east.

Stand and make some noise, for your, Miamiiii.... Heeeeaaaaattttt! :D

Hey, anyone can say what they want about the Knicks, but where the best in a weak divison. We may make the playoffs by default but its' like they say, you gotta be in it to win it!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Hey, anyone can say what they want about the Knicks, but where the best in a weak divison. We may make the playoffs by default but its' like they say, you gotta be in it to win it!

Credit is due for the Knicks. They aren't a very good team, but they're the best team in that crappy division. It's a shame that a good team like Washington, Orlando, Indiana, Detroit, or Cleveland isn't in that division. New York will probably finish with the 3rd seed if they continue, but they are a team you have to take seriously.

Btw- Good news on Dwyane, and some funny stuff here from the Daddy on D-Wade:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1945770

Wade badly wanted to keep playing, but Shaquille O'Neal wouldn't let him.

"He was limping real bad," O'Neal said. "I told him, 'Flash, take the game off. I'll go out and do the work.'

"He said, 'If I'm going to take it easy, you have to get 40 or 50.' I told him, 'I've got your back.' "

The Heat guard said he expects to play Wednesday night at Washington.

Back
Top Bottom