When I look at Mock Drafts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When I look at Mock Drafts

dolphintodd

Club Member
Reaction score
and I see Ryan Tannenhill I just don't feel excited, just can't see him starting right away. When I watched his pro day stuff I kept wishing he would stand tall not hunch over like that, but I could like this pick.

I used to get excited when I saw a Melvin Ingram or Coples but then I saw how undersized he is and how Coples doesn't work hard.

I just don't see how we get Luck, RGIII, Kalil, Richardson, Claiborne, or Blackmon

so what does that leave? I think a very likely scenario is we trade down with KC to 11, KC takes Poe. Panthers who pick at 9 are going to take him, and it wouldn't be too costly (only 3 spots). And then Miami could select Tannenhill and feel good about it.

but...

if we make a pick at 8 I think it should be one of these two players, they help the team the most from day 1:

Michael Floyd WR or
Luke Kuechly ILB

IMO these guys are the safest picks, and isn't that what you want when picking in the top 10? Thats not the pick to gamble, if we do and miss lets just say the cycle continues.

its floyd or richardson in my opinion. Trading down gets you nothing but projects that usually dont work out. A player like floyd and richardson u are gettin a sure top talent that is going to be a producer. We need to go with the BPA this time, also its very possible richardson or blackmon could fall to us. Its a loaded draft.

In my opinion, the make up of a successful player is 50% skill/effort, 25% between his ears, and 25% where they end up (system that complements their skill set). The draft really is a crapshoot and I agree with you on not being overly excited for some of these guys. The reality of it is, there will be pro bowlers scattered throughout this draft and nobody knows which players it will be for sure (outside of 2 or 3 very probable prospects). I could definitely get on board with Floyd. He is who I want if our FO decides Tannehill isnt the guy (or he's already gone) and if we stay at #8. I wouldn't be upset either way, but I hope we can trade back and pick up an additional 2nd.

Floyd got a DUI in college, which could make some folks shy away from him. I don't think it is damning of him, but Ireland could.

The good thing is, no matter what the mocks say, our draft never goes like any of us fans think it will so if you are worried you will likely come out fine as they will not draft like we think they should.

Floyd got a DUI in college, which could make some folks shy away from him. I don't think it is damning of him, but Ireland could.

The good thing is, no matter what the mocks say, our draft never goes like any of us fans think it will so if you are worried you will likely come out fine as they will not draft like we think they should.

ain't that the truth

Actually Michael Floyd had three separate alcohol related offenses in college. Could be addiction, maturity, bad judgement or bad luck, but definitely a big red flag

and I see Ryan Tannenhill I just don't feel excited, just can't see him starting right away. When I watched his pro day stuff I kept wishing he would stand tall not hunch over like that, but I could like this pick.

I used to get excited when I saw a Melvin Ingram or Coples but then I saw how undersized he is and how Coples doesn't work hard.

I just don't see how we get Luck, RGIII, Kalil, Richardson, Claiborne, or Blackmon

so what does that leave? I think a very likely scenario is we trade down with KC to 11, KC takes Poe. Panthers who pick at 9 are going to take him, and it wouldn't be too costly (only 3 spots). And then Miami could select Tannenhill and feel good about it.

but...

if we make a pick at 8 I think it should be one of these two players, they help the team the most from day 1:

Michael Floyd WR or
Luke Kuechly ILB

IMO these guys are the safest picks, and isn't that what you want when picking in the top 10? Thats not the pick to gamble, if we do and miss lets just say the cycle continues.
When he's on the move, rolling out Ryan Tannehill is a franchise quarterback to me. When in the pocket not nearly as exciting. He has stuff to learn definitely, but the thing is after Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III he's the guy with the most potential to be a franchise qb. I agree with you on Luke Kuechly. Would absolutely love that pick. I do think if Tannehill is not there at #8 that the Dolphins trade down maybe with Dallas. I know there is talk that the Cowboys want Mark Barron.

its not just that he got a DUI, i believe he had three instances of drinking bouts including the DUI and that is a pattern. Thats a little different. If the dude has a problem with alcohol, what do you think will happen in the nfl when he has lots of money for booze?

Back
Top Bottom