When is a time-out not a time out | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When is a time-out not a time out

finfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice how casual Jay was calling time outs (2 in the first half, one in the 3rd QRT)? It looked a lot like Kordell's or Warner's fake time out calls last year.

I think they were setting up something...In the 3rd quarter Jay slowly walked to the sidelines, not calling time out, just throwing up his arms. D Ward slipped infront of RW, behind center. Jay turned to the line and then decided called time out. Ward then went over kinda laughing to the bench. Usually you know if you need a time out and turn quickly to the ref.

IMO I think they were hoping to catch Detroit and hit them with a run (or pass) by Ward. But Detroit didn't bite, resulting in a real TO.

Probably not...but look for it this weekend?!?!

I think they were working a couple of things to spring on some teams later this season. Besides the thing you mentioned, they reported Marcus Spriggs as a tackle eligible receiver three times in goal to go situations but, they obviously never used him. It really just gave the defense one more thing to think about...and with all the weapons we have now, one more thing to think about, led to a touchdown on two of the three plays. But I would be willing to bet money that we'll see a pass thrown to Marcus Spriggs at some point this season so all you FF guys better start thinking about starting him at wideout one weekend....LOL.;)

Spriggs, or any lineman not wearing a receivers number, has to report to the officials because when he lines up outside the tackle he as any player would be is an eligible receiver. Since we don't have a real blocking TE on the roster this move is made for blocking purposes but it doesn't perclude Norv from throwing him into a route.

Back
Top Bottom