When Timbo retires... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When Timbo retires...

I think Timbo is a guy who never put up great numbers, he wasent a pass rusher didnt have many sacks, didnt have a huge amout of tackles like a Howie Long, Warren Sapp type player, and really hasent dont anything to make anyone outside of the dolphins world notice him. but being a dolphins fan you see that even though he had pretty much only average numbers, you saw a whole different run defense when he wasent in. It was like night and day when he was in or out of the line up. teams could run much easier when he wasent there. i know when people think of D-linemen they want to see sacks and tackles, but it think T-Bo was one of if not the best at what he did, his job was to take on blocks, clog the line and let ZT make plays. and NEVER complained about not having great numbers or contracts. He definitly should be in the ring of honor

actually, it would be his 12th year this season... beyond that, you'll get no argument from me -- i always thought he was a rock in the middle, ... but he did tend to wear down, and provided barely average pass rush...

Anyone who has the "fake spike game" on tape, watch for Bowens as a rookie... Complete and utter destruction... He was in the Jets' backfield the entire fourth quarter, and did as much to win that game as Marino did.

His base salary would only be $765,000 this year. I really feel the guy deserves a bit more respect for his hard work and loyalty all these years.

TARHEEL38 said:
Tim Bo has always been one of my favorite players as well. I remember a story that ran in Dolphin Digest, back in Tim's rookie year. Tim was just this giant raw boned man child, from Mississippi. He was not great at making friends when he first got here and there was some sort of deal where the rooks had to carry other players equipment out to the practice field. If you refused the vets would gang up on you and tape you to the goal post.

As the story goes, Tim was told of the tradition and said he was no man's slave and wouldn't do it. He picked up his gear and headed out. After practice everyone was all joking around and decided he was going to get taped up. A few OLman and some others tried to get a hold of him, and he got crazy. He later said in the paper that he didn't know what they were going to do, but he didn't know these guys and they wouldn't be taping him ANYWHERE.

Needless to say, he never got taped. lol Always thought that was a great story, and liked him for it. I don't blame him, if I was new I wouldn't go for that jazz either. lol

That I would like to see....a bunch of guys trying to get an apesh!t tim bowens taped to a goalpost...

drdolphin said:
I'd like to see him in there but I don't think they will do it.

Dr. Dolphin 24/7

I totally agree (about both -- I'd like to see Tim honored this way). The ring features only 7 players and 1 coach at this point. There isn't a chance another coach joins any time soon. They're going to have to relax standards if anybody gets in prior to Thomas or Taylor getting in (whoever comes first in terms of retirement). I could even see them playing it tight and not letting Zach in for a while -- Offerdahl isn't there. Of course, Zach has the chance to hit 10 seasons with the team. That would probably make a big difference.

PressCoverage said:
actually, it would be his 12th year this season... beyond that, you'll get no argument from me -- i always thought he was a rock in the middle, ... but he did tend to wear down, and provided barely average pass rush...

Anyone who has the "fake spike game" on tape, watch for Bowens as a rookie... Complete and utter destruction... He was in the Jets' backfield the entire fourth quarter, and did as much to win that game as Marino did.

His base salary would only be $765,000 this year. I really feel the guy deserves a bit more respect for his hard work and loyalty all these years.
:yes:

Thing about Timbo is he doesn't need to rack up stats, our vanilla defense always sent him clogging the line, while Zach would fill on the runner. This defense gives Zach the most tackles, while the outsides pickup on what is left and the D-line is fairly deprived...

if he does not make the ring of honor for the miami dolphins he makes it on my ring of honor i love u timbo

Back
Top Bottom