When We Have A Mismatch Why Do We Not Continue To Favor It? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When We Have A Mismatch Why Do We Not Continue To Favor It?

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
I am a fan of Adam Gase but I feel like he trys too hard to show off his smarts.

Gore running wild vs the Bengals they get pass happy in the 2nd half.

Drake causing the Colts major issues we throw screen passes to Parker & incompletions to Stills.

I am a fan of Adam Gase but I feel like he trys too hard to show off his smarts.

Drake causing the Colts major issues we throw screen passes to Parker & incompletions to Stills.

Don't question the guru. We don't know what we're talking about.

I count 11 run plays and 10 pass plays in the 2nd half. Not really pass happy in my book. The final two drives were 3 pass plays and 3 run plays. Also they had 15 pass plays and 14 rush attempts in the first half. Pretty much balance in both halves. Now the play calls and execution of those plays are a different story, but I just don't see 10 pass attempts in a half in today's NFL as being pass happy.

Last edited:
Sure wasn’t pass happy when it was 3rd and 10 in the fourth quarter and he refuses to throw the ball.

I agree, but disagree with your examples. I seldom see Tannehill check out of plays and often when the 'called' play is a run into a stacked box. Or check out of a sweep on 3rd and 1. I don't see Gase or Tannehill move receivers around to get a speed guy on a LB the way top QBs do. CAN Tannehill audible at will? I don't know. CERTAINLY, there appears to be no game plan to take advantage of mismatches.

People are upset we didn't pass and 3rd and 10 but I actually wanted us to pass on 1st and 10 when the colts are expecting us to run but instead we were predictable and ran it for no gain on 1st and 2nd downs.

I agree, but disagree with your examples. I seldom see Tannehill check out of plays and often when the 'called' play is a run into a stacked box. Or check out of a sweep on 3rd and 1. I don't see Gase or Tannehill move receivers around to get a speed guy on a LB the way top QBs do. CAN Tannehill audible at will? I don't know. CERTAINLY, there appears to be no game plan to take advantage of mismatches.

He must not have that option. He used to change Philbins plays all the time

People are upset we didn't pass and 3rd and 10 but I actually wanted us to pass on 1st and 10 when the colts are expecting us to run but instead we were predictable and ran it for no gain on 1st and 2nd downs.

Agree here. The 2 plays leading up to the 3rd and 10 stunk. Run on 1st and 10 near goal line. Then a goddamn WR screen to mr unreliable after more traditional short passing like RB out the backfield had been working all game.

Tannehill did miss a throw or 2 in the 2nd half as well, but Gase lost that game as far as im concerned.

It always seems like we DONT game plan to take advantage of our opponent's weakness.
We call the wrong play for Gore. Gore doesn't sweep. Even the announcer said that's Drakes play.
WR screens for Parker. gase is going to get him killed.
Leaving Fitz on the boundary.
Bringing in Ballage in cold.
Turning Gesicki into Landry.

I'm just venting.

PS: Whos freeking idea was it to leave Luck wide the **** open or as a nonventing person would say uncovered!?!?!?!??!

Back
Top Bottom