When Will Tebow Become a Full Time Starter? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When Will Tebow Become a Full Time Starter?

When will Tebow become a full-time starter?

• Week 3-5

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Week 6-8

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Week 9-12

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Week 12-17

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Not happening!

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters

JETSJETSJETS

Active Roster
Reaction score
Tim Tebow will definitely see a lot of playing time. This board thinks Sanchez will be a goner mid season.

Question: When do you think Tebow will replace a healthy Mark Sanchez to be a full time starting QB?

Qualification: Once Tebow becomes the full time starter, Sanchez will have ZERO playing time.

Edit: Forgot to make the votes public. I'll ask a mod if he can change that.

The only way he ever starts for us is if Sanchez gets hurt.

^Thats what I voted for. I said he wont start as long as Sanchez is healthy.

Clearly the Jets do not expect or want him to start or they wouldn't be using him on STs and have asked him to bulk up to 250 lbs.

The only way he ever starts for us is if Sanchez gets hurt.

It's funny how you come running to defend the dirty taco every time someone posts something about him. Are you so delusional that its beyond your comprehension that Sanchez could be benched for simply not playing well? What exactly have you seen that the rest of the NFL watching world hasn’t that makes you believe Taco boy is untouchable? I mean has he not remained one of the bottom 5 rated QB's in the League since he was drafted? I mean other than the green glasses you have implanted in your head, what possible justification could you have that makes you think the 28th rated QB in League can't be benched? Finally do you really believe for a second that Tebow was only brought in to run the wildcat?

It's funny how you come running to defend the dirty taco every time someone posts something about him. Are you so delusional that its beyond your comprehension that Sanchez could be benched for simply not playing well? What exactly have you seen that the rest of the NFL watching world hasn’t that makes you believe Taco boy is untouchable? I mean has he not remained one of the bottom 5 rated QB's in the League since he was drafted? I mean other than the green glasses you have implanted in your head, what possible justification could you have that makes you think the 28th rated QB in League can't be benched? Finally do you really believe for a second that Tebow was only brought in to run the wildcat?

I clicked the "bew posts" button, this was a new thread, I read it and commented on it. That's generally how these boards work.

I don't know why I bother w/ you, it's clear you don't watch a lot of football.

Tebow was not brought in just to run the WC, he will also play Sts and will play in the base O w/ Sanchez at QB.

Putting all the other nonsense aside, if the jets expected him to start and acquired him to start why would they use him on STs? why would they ask him to gain 10 lbs to bulk up to 250? When has a starting QB ever been asked to bulk up to 250 lbs?

I clicked the "bew posts" button, this was a new thread, I read it and commented on it. That's generally how these boards work.

Tebow was not brought in just to run the WC, he will also play Sts and will play in the base O w/ Sanchez at QB.

Putting all the other nonsense aside, if the jets expected him to start and acquired him to start why would they use him on STs? why would they ask him to gain 10 lbs to bulk up to 250? When has a starting QB ever been asked to bulk up to 250 lbs?

Wow, your green glasses are thick! So you really believe you’re going to see Tebow running back kicks or blocking? You really think that fat Ryan is going to risk his #2 QB like that? Sorry but the fact of the matter is Tebow was brought in because the coaching staff doesn’t have faith that Taco boy can get the job done. Mark my words the most you’re going to see Tebow play STs is as a holder on extra points and field goals. Odds say the dirty Taco is on the sidelines by week three.

I doubt Tebow ever becomes the full time starter for the Jets this year. I don't doubt that Tebow might come in and start a game or 2 when Sanchez has his usual games where he is beyond awful (See against Buff 09, NE / Mia 10, and Bal 11) , but I don't think Tebow would remain the full time starter. Tebow has to develop a better passing game if he wants to be a full time starter again. I can't imagine how Holmes would react if the Jets only attempted 8 passes in a game with Tebow as a starter, or when Tebow throws a few off target passes his way. I don't see Tebow playing the way he played with the Broncos working with the Jets. But with Rex and Sparono, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave it a try.

Wow, your green glasses are thick! So you really believe you’re going to see Tebow running back kicks or blocking? You really think that fat Ryan is going to risk his #2 QB like that? Sorry but the fact of the matter is Tebow was brought in because the coaching staff doesn’t have faith that Taco boy can get the job done. Mark my words the most you’re going to see Tebow play STs is as a holder on extra points and field goals. Odds say the dirty Taco is on the sidelines by week three.

Sts does not mean returning kicks, he's going to be the up man on punts meaning he's going to have to block and cover kicks. Something every team wants their starting QB to do, right?

Tebow was brought in as a Brad Smith/trick play/versatile player- THAT'S It. Show mw an example of another team asking their starting QB to gain weight to get to 250 lbs? That's all we really need to know.

You want to take that bet? I'll bet you anything a healthy Mark sanchez is starting in week 3 and all 16 games. The only way Tebow starts a game is if Sanchez is hurt.

I doubt Tebow ever becomes the full time starter for the Jets this year. I don't doubt that Tebow might come in and start a game or 2 when Sanchez has his usual games where he is beyond awful (See against Buff 09, NE / Mia 10, and Bal 11) , but I don't think Tebow would remain the full time starter. Tebow has to develop a better passing game if he wants to be a full time starter again. I can't imagine how Holmes would react if the Jets only attempted 8 passes in a game with Tebow as a starter, or when Tebow throws a few off target passes his way. I don't see Tebow playing the way he played with the Broncos working with the Jets. But with Rex and Sparono, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave it a try.

Thats a fair assessment and I pretty much agree. Sanchez will have a bad game of course, but I don't think he'll get replaced unless Sanchez strings together a streak of bad games coupled with losses. I don't think you'll see Sanchez playing such games. Even last year, Sanchez had just two games with multiple ints in the first 13 games. Last 3 games were pretty bad for him but I expect him to be more reliable this year with some speed Jets picked up in WRs. That alone forces some pressure back to the safeties, which should open up some running game and short passing game.

Thats a fair assessment and I pretty much agree. Sanchez will have a bad game of course, but I don't think he'll get replaced unless Sanchez strings together a streak of bad games coupled with losses. I don't think you'll see Sanchez playing such games. Even last year, Sanchez had just two games with multiple ints in the first 13 games. Last 3 games were pretty bad for him but I expect him to be more reliable this year with some speed Jets picked up in WRs. That alone forces some pressure back to the safeties, which should open up some running game and short passing game.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. The season can't start soon enough.

This is the bed time story Fat Boy Rex reads to the tortilla-wrapped fairy every night so he doesn't wet the bed in fear of the bogey man holding the clipboard on the sidelines.

This is the bed time story Fat Boy Rex reads to the tortilla-wrapped fairy every night so he doesn't wet the bed in fear of the bogey man holding the clipboard on the sidelines.

You're right, we acquired hiom to take over for Sanchez but we are so stupid that we are using him as the up man on punts and are having him bulk up to 250 lbs. That's what anyone would do for a QB they expected to start:lol:

You're right, we acquired hiom to take over for Sanchez but we are so stupid that we are using him as the up man on punts and are having him bulk up to 250 lbs. That's what anyone would do for a QB they expected to start:lol:

:ponder:... Naaaaw, too easy.

LOL @ Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow can take the job from Mark Sanchez.

Tim Tebow is one of the worst starting QBs in the history of ever. He's right up there with Ray Lucas.

Back
Top Bottom