Whens the last time we have had a draft this undecided | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whens the last time we have had a draft this undecided

JaxFinsFan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Usually by this time of the week before the draft we all have a pretty good idea whats going to happend with the first five picks but, this year no one has a clue( media, newspapers,ect.) not even the first pick! Is the talent level at the top of the draft really that subpar this year, or is the teams at the top in so much need of players there hoping to trade to get more picks? I think it's a combination a both.

I was listening to espn radio and Chris Mortenson was discussing the draft and he really doesn't know whats going to happend, he did say that he believes that the 9ers are going to take Smith with the first pick. His reasoning is if the 9ers have Smith as there #1 guy and then they don't take him because of money and settle for the #2 guy in Rodgers because he's cheaper, it may look bad to the 49er fans and question why didn't they draft the guy they really wanted. So he believes they will pick Smith. He thinks we'll pick R.Brown with the second pick if we don't trade down( he doesn't believe we will trade down even though Saban is the most active about trading down and everyone knows he wants to), Minnesota being the best case for a trade down.

The only problem for morty is the 9ers have let it be known the
QB's are close and the other kid is a local who fans want. So
passing up Smith over money won't be that big a deal.

I have followed the draft since 1998 when I wanted us to trade up and mortage the house for Manning, but not as clsely as this draft, I have actually studied players since the 2002 draft and since then I have been always clean cut on who I want us to draft, Im starting to take sides on this years as well, but Im not sold with any.

Isn't that backwards though??? I mean the 9'ers had Rodgers on top the whole time and as soon as whispers come out that he asking too much they shift their sights to Smith.

Well, this predraft has been fun because of two things, a) we have the #2 pick and need more picks to improve and b) the top 3 rounds of this group is about as deep as I have seen in about 10-12 years of following the draft fairly closely. The QB and OT classes are a little weak, but other than that, it's a great draft class in most every other position.

Funny thing tho, your comment about by this time we pretty much know how it's going to shake out is somewhat misleading...Yes, usually we, as fans, have a little better idea of which team wants whom, but it NEVER turns out the way we and the draftniks really think it will...NEVER...there are always trades up and down that throw the draft order out of kilter. There is always a Dave Wannstedt or NY Jets that picks some off the wall guy that no has heard of in the first round...there is always someone who's stock falls for whatever reason and was projected as a top 10 pick that is available later on or a guy that everyone had going on day one that doesn't get picked. (Poole, last year)...It's what makes it fun for us fans (sometimes)...

Back
Top Bottom