Where are they now? Hugh Green | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where are they now? Hugh Green

Thanks! I do remember him. Should have been the only LB ever to win the Heisman

calphin said:
huge Green was a great linebacker.....

He only played a few years for the Dolphins. Unfortunately, he had his peak yrs with the Bucs. He and LT were considered the premier LB's in the early to mid 80's. LT was the most dominant, but Green was one of the first in a new age of outside LB's that were fast and exceptionally athletic. He set the trend for guys like Derrick Thomas, Cornelius Bennett, Greg Lloyd and more recently John Mobley, DJ Williams and that idiot LB from Washington (can't remember his name, he played for Penn State)

jlfin said:
He only played a few years for the Dolphins. Unfortunately, he had his peak yrs with the Bucs. He and LT were considered the premier LB's in the early to mid 80's. LT was the most dominant, but Green was one of the first in a new age of outside LB's that were fast and exceptionally athletic. He set the trend for guys like Derrick Thomas, Cornelius Bennett, Greg Lloyd and more recently John Mobley, DJ Williams and that idiot LB from Washington (can't remember his name, he played for Penn State)
You mean Lavar Arrington? Hah, he was voted the #1 most overrated player in the league on espn.com :lol:

I remember Hugh Green. I still have one of his football cards. Glad to see Ex-phins doing good and surviving.

One of my all time favrorite players. One of the greatest College players of all time, he had Hall of Fame potential until he tore up his knee in the mid-80's. A truly outstanding OLB in his prime.

Glad to see hes doing well for himself.

At the peak of his pro career, Lawrence Taylor was #1 and Hugh Green was #2 in terms of LBs that offenses feared. He was quick and ferocious which is why Shula traded for him giving up high draft choices. Unfortunately, Green suffered a serious knee injury and never was the same afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom