Where do we play Roth at??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where do we play Roth at???

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Reaction score
At Defensive End on the opposite side of JT (bookends???), or drop him back as an OLB next to Zach??? I can't wait to see our D next year. :)

In our base 4-3 he will start out in a 3 point stance in pass situations.

In our hybrid 3-4 that we will use at times, he'll be a stand up rusher at OLB. One thing is for sure, he's gonna get after the quarterback.

I want to see him level Brady. Not just sack him but knock the :byroan: out of him.

wait i have a question...i remember hearing on the TV about this DE that was the lil engine that could..who never stopped...was it Roth or Bill Swancutt..i think it was roth but im not sure

Joneal7 said:
wait i have a question...i remember hearing on the TV about this DE that was the lil engine that could..who never stopped...was it Roth or Bill Swancutt..i think it was roth but im not sure

It was both. Roth and Swancutt are similar players, though Roth has more natural ability.

Saban said he would play OE. I am taking this to mean "outside end". Basically this is a OLB that walks up to the line, outside of the Defensive End. I think you will see Jason Taylor play the other OE. With Kevin Carter and Vonnie Holliday at DE's and Larry Chester at NT. Seau and Thomas will start the season at ILB and they will slowly bring in Crowder for Seau.

The best article to see a diagram of this is one at Phins.com called Nick Saban's 3-4 Defense. Its a great article.

Back
Top Bottom