Where does the dolphin secondary | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where does the dolphin secondary

Footballfanatic

Practice Squad
Reaction score
rank in comparison to the other top secondaries. (Eagles, Redskins, Raiders, Cowboys , etc.) Their are alot of nice looking secondaries in football . How to the dolphins depth at cb stack up with all the other teams on the list. On paper the other teams secondary look formidable but untill they exactly do it in games than Miami Dolphins secondary is the best.

The thing that I think puts our secondary above the rest is our abundance of COVER corners. Really nobody else in the league plays man-to-man nearly as much as we do... and that is mainly because they simply do not have the personnel capable of doing so. A lot of secondaries look good... but it is more scheming than it is the quality of the corners. If you were to put them on an island 90% of the downs like we do to our corners... most would fail miserably. Just my opinion... But sometimes I wish we would run a few more zones... just for the sheer fact that is necessary if you have a Quarterback that consistently can make perfect throws (like Warner did on us all game long last year.) Because if the coverage is Vanilla and you can see where everyone is at... if you cn make the throw by them consistently it is over. (Although not many QB's are capable of doing so) But, if you are in a zone... it is harder to know where to place the throw because the coverage can come out of nowhere.

Eagles and raiders don't play zone defense and are man to man defenses. The tampabay Bucs secondary is the one who aren't as good as people think they are. Its that two deep zone that hides the fact that everyone in that secondary can't run and would get eating alive in man to man coverage. Without Eric Allen . The Raiders have Charles Woodson, Phil Buchanon , Tory James and Terrence Shaw. Thats still a very deep group. How about the Cowboys secondary if Bryant Westbrook bounces back from his injury. Roy Williams and Darren Woodson at safety. Alot of team really upgraded their secondaries.

The Dolphins have the best secondary. They have the best corner combo and a great safety in Marion. There is no competition.

I'd take out CBs and either Philly's or Dallas' Ss if you want to break it down that way, but our 2ndary overall :D

The Eagles definitely have the best secondary - that allows them toi be so aggressive w/ the front 7. They just picked up Bishop too! Taylor & Dawkins are simply awesome!

I think Taylor is overrated as a CB IMO. I equate him to Quentin Jammer somewhat. Big, good hitter, great in run support, not the best in coverage. Taylor 's probably the biggest CB in the league. Bigger than most safeties. But he gets beat too often for my taste. Especially by speed guys. I think he'd struggle if he had to face a team's #1 WR each week. I think he's a lot like Jason Sehorn. Not as good as Sehorn pre-injury. But better than Sehorn post-injury.

As for Philly being aggressive with the front seven, that secondary certainly helps. And Jim Johnson is the right kind of DC for that defense. They're very physical. But I feel that we've got the personel to do a lot of the same things in Miami.

This Is The {{{

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
I would have to admit the Phins do have a solid secondary!
ONLY post he has made that has made sense or could be mistaken from an adult !!!!! :eek: Marino1983

Philly's secondary is very solid!!! They have maybe the best safety in the League right now in Dawkins, a veteran in Blaine Bishop, and a very promising rookie, Michael Lewis.

Taylor is really good against the bigger WRs in the league, but really has trouble with smaller, quicker guys. Vincent is awesome. Al Harris is a good nickleback and could be on the trading block now because of the 2 VERY GOOD rookies they drafted. Sheldon Brown, in my opinion, will be better than Sheppard. Lito gives them a very dangerous return man as well.

I think Philly has the deepest, and most talented secondary in the league. We can match up with their straters, but their depth is second to none.

Funny isn't it, that he says Washington's LBs will take time to gel, but the Raiders new secondary will step in right away and dominate.

Talk about a walking contradiction!

Back
Top Bottom