Where does the Feeley deal leave Fiedler | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where does the Feeley deal leave Fiedler

Dolfan4life

Starter
Reaction score
Is Fiedler coming back after a paycut.

Will they both compete for the job.

Or will Feeley be named the starter right away.

Sorry, boo me if you want, but with the uncertainty around Feeley we must keep Fiedler as an option.

Feeley, Sage, and a Rookie

Sorry, but that is scary.

Fiedler must be retained incase Feeley pukes all over himself.

your guess is as good as any of ours. Sure there have been rumors about How Fiedler is looking to test the market and not want to take a cut, but who knows really?

Let the cards fall as they may

I won't bash you man....because I totally understand where you're coming from. Fiedler makes for a very very good backup QB. And it's not a bad thing to want that kind of security.

But I just can't see the guy sticking around now. Not when would have had to take a huge paycut to stay anyway.

We save too much money by letting him go. Bring back Sage and, ideally, look for a veteran to round out the depth chart. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be many veteran QBs out there worth a darn.....unless we can land Jeff Blake. But I think he wants a chance to start.

Again, I see your point. It's very risky going into a season with no all young QBs.

Originally posted by Muck
I won't bash you man....because I totally understand where you're coming from. Fiedler makes for a very very good backup QB. And it's not a bad thing to want that kind of security.

But I just can't see the guy sticking around now. Not when would have had to take a huge paycut to stay anyway.

We save too much money by letting him go. Bring back Sage and, ideally, look for a veteran to round out the depth chart. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be many veteran QBs out there worth a darn.....unless we can land Jeff Blake. But I think he wants a chance to start.

Again, I see your point. It's very risky going into a season with no all young QBs.

Well let him challenge for the starting job, lets not get back into the same situation.

If Feely is good enough he earns the starting job and then nobody can take that away. If he doesn't well then he shouldn't have it just handed to him.

Originally posted by Dolfan4life

Sorry, boo me if you want, but with the uncertainty around Feeley we must keep Fiedler as an option.

Feeley, Sage, and a Rookie

Sorry, but that is scary.

Fiedler must be retained incase Feeley pukes all over himself.

Sorry, I believe you let Jay walk.
Scary situation?

Isn't it the same damn situation we opted for when we signed a very unproven Jay Fiedler and gave him the reigns of the team the first year????

That gamble did not work so it's time.... actually past time... to cut losses.
Will the Feely gamble work?
Only time will tell.

If we do get an additional first round pick for O-Gun and Rivers is still there in the draft I would be VERY dissapointed if they past on him. I still believe that this team needs to bring in a potential star QB for the future.

IF Feeley plays like Griese did last year then it will be a long season.

well, this is the real question and i have always said that once the jay move is made, we will know alot more about direction of this team.

I think Jay is gone. i think they may want to keep jay to compete, but jay wont go for it and restructure. We need the money and paying jay an extra 2 mil to be on the roster doesnt make much sense know does it?

Back
Top Bottom