Where the Dolphins are at compared to the rest of the league...stats | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where the Dolphins are at compared to the rest of the league...stats

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
Jay Fiedler is 3rd in QB Rating behind Kelly Holcombe and Tom Brady (disregarding of course non-QBs) at 107.6

Ricky Williams is in 1st in Yardage at 394. 2nd place goes to Priest Holmes at 387 yards.

Priest Holmes (6), Lamar Smith (4), and Travis Henry (4) are the only backs with more rushing TDs than Ricky.

Ricky also leads the NFL in ypc among backs who have carried the ball 30+ times with 5.8 ypc. Kevan Barlow has 5.8 ypc on 30 carries.

Miami Offense is tied with Philadelphia for the most offensive TDs in the league with 12. New England has 11 offensive TDs, plus 2 defensive TDs which gives them 13 total TDs, which ties our 13 total TDs.

Dolphins lead the league in Turnover Ratio at +8. Next closest is Carolina at +7 and New England/Philly with +6.

Dolphins have the fewest turnovers in the league PERIOD with only 1 turnover.

Dolphins currently rank 11th in the league in Defense in terms of yardage allowed per game. Breaking that down, we are ranked 21st in the league in PASS YARDAGE ALLOWED per game....and 7th in RUSH YARDAGE ALLOWED per game.

But, Miami is tied for 2nd in the league in the fewest TDs allowed by Defense, and that is 4 TDs. We're tied with Carolina, and the first place Defense is San Diego with only 2 TDs let up.

Miami is tied with Carolina for the most interceptions in the league, at 7 interceptions.

Defense + RunningGame + TurnoverMargin = Super Bowl Bound

If and I do mean IF, we can keep up the combo throughout the year and in the playoffs. Teams rarely do.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Defense + RunningGame + TurnoverMargin = Super Bowl Bound

+no injuries*

*see 1st to 21st in pass d......

I'd have to say that the most ironic part about this whole thing is, when you're comparing all of these great NFL stats Carolina keeps popping up there at the top! Who on Earth would have predicted that one!? :lol:

Man this is the best start for the Dolphins in a while..I hope they just keep on going, and going, and going...

I think its still a bit early to get too excited about the stats. Come the 8th game of the season I like to see how the Phins stand.
As for the 21st pass ranked defense, I think this can be a bit misleading.
1. Getting on top big in the first two games forces the opponent to go into a pass first mode.
2. Indy and Manning throw 350 yards a week on everybody.
If Miami can play the type of defense that they played against the Jets, i.e . blitzing and different looks than normal, you'll see the passing yardage will go down.

I think the pass defense is a fair reflection considering who we've played and what we're working with in terms of injuries. Madison has missed a half, and Surtain has missed a game and a half. Thats two out of three full games without one of our two pro bowl caliber corners.

But I personally am not going to dish out any kind of excuses concerning having leads and whatnot because that is actually supposed to help a defense, by putting the other team in predictable situations. The pass defense will naturally improve in the stat department as the season progresses and we get our CBs to play games fully healthy.

Putting the other team in a pass first mode....definately hurts our yardage totals against the pass but the predictabilty of that scenario is what has us at +8 in the turnover dept.

TD passes against and Ints are the stats to worry about, not yardage, and those are the stats we RULE !!!!

Check this CK, the O is rank #8 in the league for total Offense..I never thought I'd ever see the O ranked higher than our D in anything league wide.. The D is rank 10th in the NFL by the way....This is a very good start to our season..

http://nfl.com/stats

This is good stuff! Thanks guys...

If I had to choose the most important one, it's the turnover stat... 1 all year :cool:

Back
Top Bottom