Where we are now | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where we are now

Christyman5

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think we all know we are a 6-10/ 7-9 ish team but we do have some pieces that can make this a realistic playoff team

Qb- Tannehill is making typical roookie mistakes. He hold ball too long, accuracy is ok but the speed of the game at Nfl level means he needs to sharpen up. If he improves this he already has poise, mobility, good decision making and good leadership qualities.

Rb- reggie was on fire again until he went down. With his injury history the performance of miller has been needed. He stepped in and we have seen little drop off. Thomas is a underachiever and shouldn't be in our future. Lane is doing all ud expect and more.

Ol- tannehill has had pretty good protection and our rbs been movin the ball well. Obviously depth is a concern.

Te- fasano is fasano. Reliable, dependable consistent. Nothing special yet does his Job quietly. We still need a real receiving threat at TE to go with him and egnew and clay do not appear to be it

Wr- as well all knew, bess is very good slot guy and hartline gives the odd tightrope sideline catch. These guys would flourish witha proper No 1 receiver. Add a playmaker and they all benefit.

Dl- superb against the run, but need another pass rusher. Palmer, Sanchez and Schaumburg had too much time

Lb- again solid. Could do better job on TE but all in all v good. Misi has shown he is much better in 3-4.

Cb - still not sold on smith. Very inconsistent and a bit soft when it comes to tackling. Marshall is kind of the opposite. Good tackler but coverage can be poor. I'm not a Nolan Carroll fan, at times looks good in coverage but can't get his head round to the ball and attracts penalties.

Safety- we need a Fs. A ball hawk who can cover and tackle. I think jones is a good replacement to bell tho Clemons is questionable.

St - we have top 3 punter in the game and before todaya top 8 kicker ....

All in all if we can get a wr, de, Fs I'd think we are playoff contenders nxt yr.

Back
Top Bottom