where will carey play on the offensive line? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

where will carey play on the offensive line?

Wow surprised nobody's mentioned Carey playing SS yet.

He better start somewhere on this line.

>>>"Wow surprised nobody's mentioned Carey playing SS yet."

Gosh! Dont you remember?? That spot is already taken by Zack

Last edited by a moderator:
painnotpleasure said:
LT- Damion Mcintosh
LG- Jeno James
C - Seth McKinney
RG- Rex Hadnot
RT- Stockar McDougle

That's pretty extremely unlikely we play the exact same O-line as last season, with the only change being benching the best performing linemen we had in John St.Clair.

I dont understand why every lineup out there has Jeno James and Seth McKinney in it.

Jeno James has basically one season to pin his career on, the year before we got him. He didnt play well at all last season. He doesnt even really fit the mold for either Scott Linehan or Hudson Houck. They both tend to go towards bigger, mauling run blockers. James is a smaller, more mobile player.

McKinney is the same deal. He was a reach when we drafted him, some sites had him projected as low as 6th round. He has been nothing if not chronically underpowered in Miami, and has pretty much has excuses made for him through his whole career.

Disgustipate said:
That's pretty extremely unlikely we play the exact same O-line as last season, with the only change being benching the best performing linemen we had in John St.Clair.

I dont understand why every lineup out there has Jeno James and Seth McKinney in it.

Jeno James has basically one season to pin his career on, the year before we got him. He didnt play well at all last season. He doesnt even really fit the mold for either Scott Linehan or Hudson Houck. They both tend to go towards bigger, mauling run blockers. James is a smaller, more mobile player.

McKinney is the same deal. He was a reach when we drafted him, some sites had him projected as low as 6th round. He has been nothing if not chronically underpowered in Miami, and has pretty much has excuses made for him through his whole career.
Well first of all, we had Tony Wise last year and not Hudson Houck. Also, I'd like to see Damion McIntosh under a full season with us healthy before we write him off. I don't see anyone else better than Jeno James to play LG right now (Damion Cook is the only one and he's a very servicable backup in my opinion), but I wouldn't call him or anyone else a lock. Stockar McDougle could very well be our best Offensive Lineman. He is 1st round talent who hasn't lived up to his potential because he hasn't had the coaching, and with Houck... he will have the coaching. He's also 6'6'" 367lbs which is UNBELIEVABLE! :fatman:

As for Center, I think that is our biggest question mark. I would to see Rex Hadnot there but as of now, it looks like Seth McKinney is ahead. Other options for C would be Wade Smith or John St. Clair. Center is a big question mark.

As for RG, I think it'll most likely be between Rex Hadnot or Vernon Carey. I would like to have Vernon Carey if Rex Hadnot is our center and would love to see them both starting for us. We also have Taylor Whitley and RG, but I don't think he'll even be on this team come June 1st. Also there's also a possiblity of McKinney being moved to RG which I wouldn't mind so much if we HAVE to keep him, I don't have much confidence in him calling the plays for us at Center. We've got some good quality backups in John St. Clair, Tony Pape, Anthony Alabi, Damion Cook, Wade Smith.. etc. etc. I wouldn't call Stockar McDougle a lock either, but I think he has the advantage over St. Clair as of now and I'm thinking he's going to win the starting job at RT.

I agree we shouldn't have Seth McKinney in the starting lineup.. and... I know James is a G and St. Clair is a T, but James is only 1 inch shorter and they're both the same weight. And I've heard some talk of St. Clair possibly be playing C or RG... when he's the same weight as James and only an inch taller. Who else would we play at LG? Damion Cook is the only guy I can think of and I feel he's a very suitable backup.

This is what I would like our O-line to be come next season:

LT- Damion McIntosh
LG- Jeno James
C - Rex Hadnot
RG- Vernon Carey
RT- Stockar McDougle

This is what I think looks to be as of now:

LT- Damion McIntosh
LG- Jeno James
C - Seth McKinney
RG- Rex Hadnot
RT- Stockar McDougle