Where would Brady be if Bledsoe hadn't gotten hurt? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where would Brady be if Bledsoe hadn't gotten hurt?

brady_with_doughnut-1.jpg

I Love this pic!

if this guy was good he would atleast win the rhode island [the smallest and hence least pot] lottery and retired .not work.

kind of a bizarre, lame article.

anyway, speculating on what-ifs doesn't mean anything. the fact of the matter is, the stars lined up and he took advantage. i don't doubt the guys' work ethic and smarts, but chances are if bledsoe didn't get nailed like he did, the chances of brady being Brady would have been pretty damn slim.

this is the same as saying what if marino had had a running back? what if bo jackson was pulled from that playoff game? what if emmitt didn't have that line? yeah yeah yeah, what if? but, they did (or didn't) so, it doesn't matter what any writer (possibly a hater) wants to say about any of the athletes.

we can also say the same thing about 'what if we'd drafted quinn instead of ginn and his great family' last year? what ifs don't matter.

(though that brady picture is kinda funny)

He'd be in the same place he is now. Rumores were already swirling that Belichick was going to make a change to Brady, his career was on the line. If Bledsoe didn't get hurt and he continued to play him and lose his job was on the line and not many 2 time losers as HC's get new jobs. Brady would have been playing w/in weeks. Maybe it would have been too late to go on the SB run in '01 but he'd have at least 2 Championships by now.

I think you guys are missing the point, the article is satire and not meant to be serious. Its an omage to all the other what if's you just mentioned. Since Brady is widely considered the best QB in football the writer wanted to show a hypothetical "dark side" to the Golden Boy's career.

And btw if you think Brady was going to supplant Bledsoe even if he won the Super Bowl you're crazy! Gimme one instance where that has happened the very next season...

What if, Atlanta didn't trade Brett Favre? What if, Dan Marino pursued a baseball career? What if, Ricky Williams stayed drug free? What if, Peyton was Ryan and Ryan was Peyton.

:rolleyes2:

What if, Atlanta didn't trade Brett Favre? What if, Dan Marino pursued a baseball career? What if, Ricky Williams stayed drug free? What if, Peyton was Ryan and Ryan was Peyton.

:rolleyes2:

See 4 posts above

EDIT: The Falcons would have been good, the Dolphins would have been bad, the Dolphins wouldnt have drafted Ronnie Brown, Peyton would suck, Ryan would be good. :winkwink:

He'd be in the same place he is now. Rumores were already swirling that Belichick was going to make a change to Brady, his career was on the line. If Bledsoe didn't get hurt and he continued to play him and lose his job was on the line and not many 2 time losers as HC's get new jobs. Brady would have been playing w/in weeks. Maybe it would have been too late to go on the SB run in '01 but he'd have at least 2 Championships by now.

i highly doubt that,why would anyone,let alone the Patcheats switch a 6th round QB with a QB they drafted 1st overall????

:rolleyes2::rolleyes2:

i highly doubt that,why would anyone,let alone the Patcheats switch a 6th round QB with a QB they drafted 1st overall????

:rolleyes2::rolleyes2:

What does Bledsoe being #1 overall in 1993 have to do w/ 2001? Belichick was fighting for his career as a HC. Rumors were also swirling Kraft was going to fire him if things kept up. NE was consistently getting worse each year w/ Drew as the starting QB. I 100% believe Brady would have been starting w/in weeks. Again, it may have been too late to save '01 but it wouldn't have been too late for post '01 and they'd have at least 2 Championships right now.

What does Bledsoe being #1 overall in 1993 have to do w/ 2001? Belichick was fighting for his career as a HC. Rumors were also swirling Kraft was going to fire him if things kept up. NE was consistently getting worse each year w/ Drew as the starting QB. I 100% believe Brady would have been starting w/in weeks. Again, it may have been too late to save '01 but it wouldn't have been too late for post '01 and they'd have at least 2 Championships right now.

I cant disagree with you completely, only a coach desperate as hell with one foot out the door would bench a solid veteran QB (who was considered one of the best in the game at the time) in favor of a unproven 6th round pick.

Maybe Bledsoe would have been replaced that offseason, but dont you think they would have brought someone else in? Brady was all they had at the time, of course he got the nod. Id love to hear who the 3rd string was at the time...

Back
Top Bottom