Wheres pass rush from the preseason ATL game?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wheres pass rush from the preseason ATL game??

jessejames123

Scout Team
Reaction score
I know it was only preseason, but it was 1's vs 1's. The starters played quite a bit that game. Matt Ryan couldnt do anything. His health was at risk. The D-Line was dominant. Suh/Wake/Mitchell were all in the backfield almost immediately. I remember watching the line thinking they were going to be special and live up to the hype. But then the reg season started. How do you go from that to being literally the worst looking Dline in the league. Suh is an elite player and I was watching him get manhandled 1 on 1 more than once. One was from a center I never heard of.

I was at the Washington game, 5th row and they just looked lethargic, non explosive, no fire, no passion, WTF! Same thing in wk2.

You can say yea but they didnt give up any points in the second half, but dont forget the Jags got a case of the droppsies on 3rd down. A dropped pass in the hands isnt good defense.

PS... I think Wake is washed. Going back to last year. I know the scheme is horrid and Coyle needs to go, but hes not making an impact. He's not winning 1 on 1's anymore.. something to think about.

I will say I think Wake and OV are both playing hurt. I was watching OV on the sideline after his ankle injury in person in wk 1 and it wasnt good. Super bad limp. No way we was able to be ready for week 2. And wake is hurt too thats why the coaches pulled him. Wake tries to play through injuries to the point its not smart and makes the whole D suffer. meh.

Vigil needs to be playing fulltime. Chris McCain needs to be put in pass rushing situations, although he's been disappointing in general. Have to find a pass rush somewhere.

I dont want to believe the players checked out already bc of the scheme.

I think there is a problem brewing between coaches and players, especially on D. I've been talking about the lack of execution, energy level, poor tackling, etc. We saw no indicators that this D was going to faceplant like this in Pre-Season. Something has happened in the past few weeks to make this D not want to play for these coaches.

Jones has been balling and Grimes has had flashes but the rest of the D doesn't deserve to cash their check.

Earl Mitchell, in that game, was killing people. The 'battle' of him against the guard was a joke and the guard was the punchline. Mitchell wore that guy like a wristband.

Suh hasn't impressed at any point but 'practice', where he went against players that have shown themselves to be far inferior to 'average' NFL offensive linemen.

Was Suh even great in his last year in Detroit? Did we actually look on film at that or just go " 'Suh - Good', Derp!" He's not big, he doesn't look physically imposing in any way. I don't get why we valued him so much. Not only that, but how much more was our offer compared to anyone else's? Did any other team come within 2 mil per year of our offer? This has been haunting me and now it really hurts.

Suh was dominant in the Detroit playoff game against the Cowboys, who supposedly have one of the best O-lines in football so the man can be a force when he wants to.

honestly, do you still not know how preseason works?!! it's a 4 week scrimmage; each game coaches meet on field and discuss what they're gonna workout that game, so the opposition can give them looks on O/D to work on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

honestly, do you still not know how preseason works?!! it's a 4 week scrimmage; each game coaches meet on field and discuss what they're gonna workout that game, so the opposition can give them looks on O/D to work on.. including rushes/blitzes... half speed for starters, game speed for most 2's & all the 3's

Back
Top Bottom