Which AFC East RB would you Choose?(Not a bash Ronnie thread) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which AFC East RB would you Choose?(Not a bash Ronnie thread)

It shouldn't baffle you...

Jones:
2005: 1,335 - 4.3
2006: 1,210 -4.1

Brown:
2005: 907 - 4.4
2006: 1,008 - 4.2

Give me the guy who puts up almost 300 more yards on average and still averages out at a 4.2 YPC.

Thanks.
BZ
Ronnie would put up those same numbers(maybe even better) if he had the carries Jones did. Those yard numbers don't tell the whole story. Jones averaged 81 more carries a season the past two years.

Jones:

Brown:

Give me the guy who puts up almost 300 more yards on average and still averages out at a 4.2 YPC.

Thanks.
BZ

Yes but Jones is comin on the downside of his career and Ronnie hasnt even hit his prime yet. If ronnie had the line jones had in chicago he would be averaging 5 yards a pop

Jones:

Brown:

Thanks.
BZ

Give you the guy who manages a worse YPC on more carries behind a better line? Sure thing, sucker.

At this point i'd take Ronnie in a heartbeat. Marooney second. Lynch i'll have to wait to have an opinion on him.

Ronnie would put up those same numbers(maybe even better) if he had the carries Jones did. Those yard numbers don't tell the whole story. Jones averaged 81 more carries a season the past two years.

I think Jones is a very underrated back and he does have some talent taking some carries from him in cedric Benson. At this point I give Jones the advantage because of what he has accomplished but Ronnie should have much more upside.

That would be great to hear the whole stadium chanting that but that kind of stuff only happens in the movies.

They chant in soccer stadiums all over Europe, but youre probably right. The best football chant I have ever heard has been simply "LT! LT! LT!" at chargers games. LOL, pretty pathetic we cant come up with better chants than that. Im interested in seeing if any good chants go on in the London game. Even if I can't get tickets to the game Im about to go to London to watch it at a bar being I will be in Barcelona next semester. IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW I CAN GET A TICKET PLEASE LET ME KNOW I WILL LOVE YOU FOR IT!

The reason they don't give the ball to Ronnie more is A) he is hurt and B) he can't handle it.

It is understandable why you wouldn't pick a rival team RB and we shall see what this and the next season brings.

Of course, we had NO RB last year and still were able to beat the Dolphins twice so...

BZ

Jones:

Brown:

Thanks.
BZ

hardly makes sense ??? how can you ignore # of carries and compare by total yardage when the YPC is right in your face??? All your proving is that Ronnie was more successful only he had less oppurtunities.... Your also comparing Ronnies 1st 2 years (in a bad offense) to Jones in his prime (on a contending team)..... If i really was a GM.... i'd take all 3 before Jones because he's almost 30 if not older and injury prone.... even a 2nd was a hefty price to pay for him.....the other 3 would command 1sts easily.

Maroney to me is a bit of a question mark because towards the end of last season he was non-existant and he had most of his success after Dillon wore defenses down and he also injured his back which kept him out and an injured back could destroy a career.

Boy

I like Brown better than Jones, he has more talent, but Maroney intrigues me, I just might be tempted to pick him. That kid seems to have that something special.

The reason they don't give the ball to Ronnie more is A) he is hurt and B) he can't handle it.

It is understandable why you wouldn't pick a rival team RB and we shall see what this and the next season brings.

Of course, we had NO RB last year and still were able to beat the Dolphins twice so...

BZ
Last season he didn't get the ball more because Mularkey didn't what the hell he was doing, there were plenty of games when Ronnie was having great success and then Mularkey would call pass plays for two series straight. He will have great success when given the carries.

BZ

In spite of Ronnie Brown crushing the Jets for a 5.9 YPC for 237 yards. Wonder if Joey Harrington's two turnovers and 64.5 rating had anything to do with it. Nah.

Back
Top Bottom