Votes: 8 36.4%
  • John Bonamego

Votes: 14 63.6%

• Total voters

randomname

Active Roster
Reaction score
Dan Henning VS John Bonamego

Dan Henning, while okay most of the time, has a penchant for calling the craziest (and not in a good way) plays in some of the worst situations. He appears to call good, well-balanced drives that go steadily down the field for a score when we need points quickly. And, of course, when we have a lead and need well-balanced drives that go steadily down the field and run down the clock, he takes this to mean literally running down the clock, and forgets how to call a pass play.

John Bonamego, on the other hand, coordinates the special teams which, while not viewed as being as important as the offense, has consistently sucked *** for the past few years. Nobody can tackle OR block on returns, and lately we've even decided to stop blocking on punts and field goals. Even the two highlight special teams plays we can look back on from last year, winning the second game against the Jets for us, were in no way due to our sub-par blocking, but rather the ability of Ted Ginn Jr to call a malevolent Jet-hating spirit from beyond the abyss and have it possess himself.

Personally... if I could choose one of the two to be fired... I'd choose Bonamego. I'm still in the "But he COULD be good if he'd pull his head out of his *** and pay attention to the situation!" phase with Henning :( I often wonder if we wouldn't be just as good on special teams without a coordinator.

If I had to choose, I'd choose Henning. It's important to address that issue quickly so that the O can build properly. But, the ST's have been worse.

Its the special teams coach..

I understand Henning has been bad sometimes..and does call bad play calls once in a while, but we lost 2 games in a row because of speical teams blunders..

The blocked punt was a big reason we lost against the Jets and the KR's...than it happens again against the pats?

Come on man..you gotta fix that..College teams dont do what we did last night

Bonamego. He's just horrible. It's unacceptable that after last week's loss to the jet's was in part caused by poor ST play, that the next week the unit would get even worse. That's a mark of bad, bad coaching.

ST coach is horrible. but I will go with Henning. His play calling is absurd.

henning. our special teams coach isnt that good, but do u guys honestly feel that we r so talented there and its only a coach holding us back there? he can only try and get them in position to make the plays, he cant tackle or anything for them. no matter who the coach is, i feel that it would suck anyways. we just dont have a good special teams. he will take the hit for it though and prob be fired.

as for henning, our offense has the players, yet handicapps them. lets be real here, if i gave u guys a chance to be coach of special teams, u guys wouldnt really have a solution to fix it other than get better players. as for our offense, there r so many plays that we call that every dolphin fan worldwide is shaking their head at saying how bad the play call is and how it makes no sense to do that play at that time, only to be right after the fact.

dan henning can at least control the plays he calls, and stop freakin calling wildcat at the worst ****in times possible. John bonamego can only do so much. is he a good coach? look, i dont really know how to breakdown special teams coaches and id be lying if i did, maybe hes not that good and he will take the fall, but i feel its more the players.

its like a hitting coach in baseball. if a team full of scrubs is struggling hitting, does it really matter who the coach is? he can only do so much. the hitting coach will get blamed, but no matter who u replace him with the odds r the team wont improve so much due to the lack of talent at that spot. henning can at least call normal play calls that make sense , when every fan watching knows that it makes no sense to there naked eye the plays he calls at certain times in games.

Back
Top Bottom