which cornerback was it? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

which cornerback was it?

Tatonka

New Poppa
Reaction score
just wondering which cornerback was covering troy brown in OT, when he caught the game winning pass?

i wasnt sure.

sorry you guys lost. you played a good game though.

the dirt portion of the field should be gone soon though.

All I saw were Marion and Knight behind Brown and I believe Knight gave him a little desperation shove before he got the TD. Probably a zone D.

i saw one db chasing, and then he dove for troy, missed, and kinda tripped up 31 (marion?) who was in pursuit as well.

I was in absolute anger when the play happened so I'd take your word over mine.

31 is Marion.

BTW, your fantasy team rocks, and I need 6 points from Holmes tommorow or I'm screwed.

thanks.. i like my chances to win the top spot.. but anything can happen in the playoffs..

6 points for holmes? thats automatic man.. like mare on a field goal...

:D

:jk:

yeah.. it was sammy "more quick than fast" knight.. and he tripped up marion when he missed the tackle.

clear.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
it doesn´t matter if marion got tripped, even if brown gets tackled after this catch, the pats have a kicker who can make a clutch kick, we don´t.....

Originally posted by Tatonka
just wondering which cornerback was covering troy brown in OT, when he caught the game winning pass?

i wasnt sure.

sorry you guys lost. you played a good game though.

the dirt portion of the field should be gone soon though.

This is precisely the problem on that play - there was NO Cornerback covering Brown! They doubled him with two safeties! Two that are not by any means speed burners.

They might as well have covered him with a linebacker. In that situation they should have had one of their top CB's on him on every down. Pitiful coaching.

Da'Fins

The problem with that play was we gave Brady enough time to sip his Ice Tea have a bite of his cheeseburger wipe his mouth look down the field and throw the ball.

Bad cover scheme. No way their fastes WR should be on a safety. Either coverage was blown by the corner and the safety was trying to catch-up or it was a terrible scheme.

looked like a zone to me - which on first down in not unusual. Phins must have been expecting run for some strange reason.

The poor pass rush didn't help matters either. Brown just ran and ran and Brady waited for him to get behind the safeties....unharassed :cry:

JT said apologized to Brock and Sammy after the game, saying that was "all him".

Back
Top Bottom