which do you want? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

which do you want?

Phinzone

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
like we really have a choice, but would you rather have...

TB's #1, #2, and #3

or Minny's 2 #1's, and possibly a low round pick?

PERSONALLY I like TB's trade a little better. Sure, 2 firsts would be nice from Minny, but one is really low, and TB's is a HIGH 2nd, making it like a super low first. On top of that you'll have Ronnie, Benson, Williams, or Caddy available at the #5 slot. Instant franchise player IMO from any of them (possibly Rodgers as well). Rather than trading out of the top 5 with minnesota..i'd LOVE to snag williams at the 5 spot, Hell, brown is even a long shot there. But down by the 7th pick, we're sacrificing a bit IMO. Either way i'll be happy, but i'd still love that top 5 pick.

Phinzone said:

TB's #1, #2, and #3

PERSONALLY I like TB's trade a little better. Sure, 2 firsts would be nice from Minny, but one is really low, and TB's is a HIGH 2nd, making it like a super low first. On top of that you'll have Ronnie, Benson, Williams, or Caddy available at the #5 slot. Instant franchise player IMO from any of them (possibly Rodgers as well). Rather than trading out of the top 5 with minnesota..i'd LOVE to snag williams at the 5 spot, Hell, brown is even a long shot there. But down by the 7th pick, we're sacrificing a bit IMO. Either way i'll be happy, but i'd still love that top 5 pick.

As long as we can trade down inside the top 10, and still get equal value for our pick, Ill be glad.

Phinzone said:

TB's #1, #2, and #3

The thing with Minnesota is that it's been said (on the main page too I believe) that if we trade down with them, it would be our #2 for their #7, #18, and a mid round pick (which I'm assuming would be like a 4th). If this is the case, I would definitely rather trade with Minnesota. Two first round picks and 4th look pretty good. Though TB has 3 good picks finishing as the 5th worst team (though I feel they are definitely much better than their record shows), I honestly don't think they would trade up when they can probably get Mike Williams or Cadillac Williams at #5 which Gruden has stated he's interested in. I really don't buy this whole trade up for a QB, and I doubt they'd give away their first three picks. So I'd have to say I'd rather trade with Minnesota and it seems more likely to happen.

I'll take either. But, I kinda thought trading with Tampa and getting atleast a first and Simms in the trade would be pretty cool.

That would solve our qb issue and our RB issue
We could take a great RB in the first and work with Simms

Abrix said:

Simms solve our QB issues??? Ya right! Simms probably couldnt beat out rosenfels.....haha

I'd prefer the Vikes 1st rounders because it would put us in a better position to land 2 impact players or to trade down for more picks!

I wouldn't mind the Viking trade and using the 7th pick on Aaron Rodgers and their other pick either on a guy like Mark Clayton or an outside linebacker even.

Abrix said:

Your jersey looks disfigured. Use this one instead: :wink:

clear.gif

http://img135.echo.cx/img135/2373/prod9nj.jpg

The only reason I'd prefer the Tampa trade is because I feel the versatility between 5 and 7 is enormous in this draft.

At 5, we have a shot at Ronnie Brown.
At 7, Ronnie will amost definitely be gone.

I'm afraid that the 18 will get wasted on some project player like Khalif Barnes and we still haven't addressed dire needs. Tampa gives us range -- a high 2nd and 3rd rounder allows us to take BPAs at the positions we need. With Minnesota, we have 2 choices - a first rounder, which we would have had anyway and then we don't get to pick again until the 3rd.

HysterikiLL said:
The only reason I'd prefer the Tampa trade is because I feel the versatility between 5 and 7 is enormous in this draft.

At 5, we have a shot at Ronnie Brown.
At 7, Ronnie will amost definitely be gone.

I'm afraid that the 18 will get wasted on some project player like Khalif Barnes and we still haven't addressed dire needs. Tampa gives us range -- a high 2nd and 3rd rounder allows us to take BPAs at the positions we need. With Minnesota, we have 2 choices - a first rounder, which we would have had anyway and then we don't get to pick again until the 3rd.

yeah, after 5 i think Brown and Williams are both gone, i'd like to snag one of them.

i like them equal. We get a lot better player at five but dont have another 2nd. I dunno they are both fine with me

Phinzone said:

TB's #1, #2, and #3

The 18th is a real low 1st? Not really...

Back
Top Bottom