Which draft pick will have the biggest impact? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which draft pick will have the biggest impact?

Who will have the biggest impact this year?

• Moore, Eddie

Votes: 33 47.8%
  • Smith, Wade

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Whitley, Taylor

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Lee, Donald

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Tolver, J.R.

Votes: 21 30.4%
  • Jenkins, Corey

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Provost, Tim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bell, Yeremiah

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Williams, Davern

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dude

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Ok, so which rookie draft pick do you expect to have the biggest impact on our team this year?

I went with Eddie Moore. I'm much more excited about the potential of some of the other choices, but I expect Moore to come out of camp as the starter and start all 19 games ;) and thus have a bigger impact then Smith, Tolver & Lee who I expect to contribute but not as much.

I went against common sense and said Wade Smith. We all expect Eddie Moore to have the biggest impact. And that's why I didn't choose him. I figure it'll be somebody we're not expecting, due to injury. And being that Mark Dixon is our LT....I chose Smith.

Now I hope I'm wrong.

I honestly believe both Eddie Moore and Tolver will be suprises. But i have had this feeling about Tolver since i saw him in a mini-camp... he is going to be great. Granted its only a mini-camp and i will go see them when the pads go on.. call it a hunch.. i go with JR Tolver.

Tolver will have a much tougher time leap-frogging McK and Thompson and OG and fending off the rest. Moore will be a disappointment IMO if he does not start or get significant minutes at SSLB.

5th round prospect to who? Speaking of overrated....I would say Ed Reed is pretty overrated....noone even knows if he can do what the BIll fans are saying he can do.

I sya Moore will make the biggest impact because he has the best chance of starting. Simple as that.

Tolver won't have an impact since he will be the 4th WR at best and probably will be 5th.

None of them will really have an impact. None will start.

I went out on a limb and chose Donald Lee...

Tolver will have a tough time getting playing time, but next season might be something big... Moore won't take over for Greenwood anytime soon...

Lee could be a silent impact in the running game, and even the short passing game, and those are types of impact players I like, guys who don't get the press, but contribute in ways only fans can know...

Originally posted by Prime Time
5th round prospect to who? Speaking of overrated....I would say Ed Reed is pretty overrated....noone even knows if he can do what the BIll fans are saying he can do.

I sya Moore will make the biggest impact because he has the best chance of starting. Simple as that.

Ed Reed??? The second year Strong Safety for the Ravens? I think you mean Willis "Gimpy Bill" McGahee. You know, the only first round pick with two torn ACLs (probably the most catastrophic injury a back could have) and a totally reconstructed left knee. Yeah, that's right, the one who will be on the PUP list if he's lucky, the one who will probably not play a down this year and still lead to the Bills to run (or limp if he's leading) a perfectly good back in Travis Henry (although he fumbles too much) out of town. I got it! I understand now why our pick will fail. You see we made the mistake of picking at a position of need and a player who is relatively healthy and could start for us this year instead of surprising everybody by drafting for a one kneed (give or take a knee) wonder back who will either be a backup for years to come or the replacement for a 24 year old RB that had 1400 rushing yards last season. WOW! The genius of that pick gives me shivers!

Tolver is my pick by the way. Sorry for the rant. :evil:

Originally posted by T-ROCK
I went out on a limb and chose Donald Lee...

Tolver will have a tough time getting playing time, but next season might be something big... Moore won't take over for Greenwood anytime soon...

Lee could be a silent impact in the running game, and even the short passing game, and those are types of impact players I like, guys who don't get the press, but contribute in ways only fans can know...

If Moore doesn't beat out Greenwood (which I think he will) Lee was my next choice. Tolver won't get playing time as a #4 and barring injury (curse you if you jinxed us Muck) Smith will watch and learn from Dixon this year.

I can see Lee being ignored by the other team's D and making 1-2 nice catches a game from the #2 TE spot. And hopefully some of that 'silent impact' you spoke about.

Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
Eddie Moore is OVERATED. He was a 5th round prospect guys.

Greenwood must really stink.

Yah but hey we all can't pick a RB with a 1st rounder that won't play at all. Your such a waste of breath around here.

I think Prime Time meant JOSH Reed.

Also, Eddie Moore isn't expected to start right away. It would just be a nice suprise if he's ready that soon. As for being a 5th round prospect.....says who?? The NFL says he wouldn't have lasted past pick #60.

So far Eddie Moore has a long way to go before becoming a starter in my opinion(I haven't seen anything that indicates he could replace Greenwood from mini camp).Hopefully he will make some type of impact on special team or show me something during training camp/preseason.

I think Donald Lee will have the biggest impact.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Dude
Ok, so which rookie draft pick do you expect to have the biggest impact on our team this year?

I went with Eddie Moore. I'm much more excited about the potential of some of the other choices, but I expect Moore to come out of camp as the starter and start all 19 games ;) and thus have a bigger impact then Smith, Tolver & Lee who I expect to contribute but not as much.

Eddie will have a bigger impact I believe. I think others might have bigger games (Tolver), but overall, Moore (if starting) will have a greater overall impact.

I thought i heard Moore was doing well? Has anyone heard diff? I dont mean he is wowing and aweing in the manner that he is a sure fire starter game 1, but I thought they were pleased with him at this point.

Back
Top Bottom