Which Free Agent Veteran Quarterback Would You Choose?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Free Agent Veteran Quarterback Would You Choose??

Which Veteran QB Would You Like to See in Miami?

• Jeff Garcia

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Brad Johnson

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Mark Brunell

Votes: 33 73.3%
  • Drew Bledsoe

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters

texasPHINSfan

Pro Bowl
Reaction score
this is assuming we get a rooke in the draft as well to study under said veteran QB.... i am basing this on the news we have of soon-to-be available QB's this offseason...

Not that I want him, but Bledsoe is staying in BUffalo. Both the GM and new head coach:lol: said it directly.

On John Madden this morning, he commented on Rich Gannon and Brunnel. He said both of them is over the hill, both were old and recovering from injury and that both were able at one time, to run, to pass and to run and pass. But not anymore.

Gannon had surgery last year and has not done "anything" since and probably wont do "anything" until June or July of this year.

He also went on to say Brunnel was more healthy than Gannon but still was over the hill and he doesnt expect to see anything spectacular out of either QB...

Originally posted by Jeep
On John Madden this morning, he commented on Rich Gannon and Brunnel. He said both of them is over the hill, both were old and recovering from injury and that both were able at one time, to run, to pass and to run and pass. But not anymore.

Gannon had surgery last year and has not done "anything" since and probably wont do "anything" until June or July of this year.

He also went on to say Brunnel was more healthy than Gannon but still was over the hill and he doesnt expect to see anything spectacular out of either QB...

yeah, but if he's cheap and he can still throw the ball he'd be an upgrade over jay. The only other options are to restructure Jay or Brian and keep one of them on as the starter. If the line blocked, brian would be fine IMO, but withouta line he'd do a Lucas. Where as jay has just plain had TOO MUCH time. I'd hate to reward his incompetence with another season as our starter.

Brunell is not over the hill just yet. I think he looked fine for the Jags this year. The Jags defense gave up 24, 38, and 23 points in the games he started. Fred Taylor only rushed for over 100 yards in one of those games. He threw no interceptions. Two touchdowns (he got another rushing) is not a lot, but he didn't have Jimmy Smith to throw to (Kevin Johnson came later as well). He still ended up with an 89.7 passer rating. Put him on the 'Phins with a better D and a back who can take a pounding for him all game long like Ricky can, and I think he will have a great year . . . so long as we do something about the offensive line.

I picked Brunell, but to be honest with everyone... If we had a dominating O line, any of those QB's would fair well. That being said... We need a mobile QB, so we can pull off our play action passes. Beleave it or not Brunell is still IMO a mobile QB. I watched him in last years QB comp, and the guy was out running most of the other QB's and looked very good. He can throw on the run, has good arm strength and is pretty damn accurate.

Originally posted by Section126
Can I declare victory yet?
CBS News polls have declared the Mark Brunnell is the winner of the FA QB to choose primary based on extensive exit polling... Brunnell was said to have statement.... :D

Back
Top Bottom