Which is the greatest safety combination in Dolphins' history? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which is the greatest safety combination in Dolphins' history?

• Louis Oliver and Jarvis Williams

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Dick Anderson and Jake Scott

Votes: 52 71.2%
  • Glenn and Lyle Blackwood

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Brock Marion and Brian Walker

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • Brock Marion and Arturo Freeman

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
I really like the new tandem of Marion & Knight even tough I haven't seen them play together yet.

I'm only 25 so I haven't seen a lot of safeties but Anderson & Scott bios are pretty eloquent...

Scott and Anderson of course. I did see them play a little tho I was just a kid back then. After them, the Blackwood brothers were a lot of fun to watch. Oliver and Williams were pretty much a disapointment to me. Oliver was a great hitter but not much more and Williams was pretty much playing out of position at SS. I do remember the game in which Oliver had 3 int's off Kelly returning one 103 yards for a TD.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

This poll is like asking "Who is the best QB in Dolphin history??" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
you mean Bob Griese ;)

48% Dick Anderson and Jake Scott
26% Louis Oliver and Jarvis Williams
26% Glenn and Lyle Blackwood

8,171 Total Votes

for QB there is no contest for 1st and 2nd, 3rd w/b interesting...

Originally posted by dolphan39

you mean Bob Griese ;)

48% Dick Anderson and Jake Scott
26% Louis Oliver and Jarvis Williams
26% Glenn and Lyle Blackwood

8,171 Total Votes

for QB there is no contest for 1st and 2nd, 3rd w/b interesting...

IMO, it would have to be JF. Woodley sucked...again, jmo.

The third best quarterback in the Dolphins' history never got to play quarterback. It was Marlin Briscoe. And if he'd been given a chance to actually play the position he may well have proven himself to be the 2nd best in our history.

Anderson/Scott.

Hopefully next year's potential Freeman/Knight will be better.. :D

Louis Oliver and Jarvis Williams 8.06%
Dick Anderson and Jake Scott 69.35%
Glenn and Lyle Blackwood 4.84%
Brock Marion and Brian Walker 14.52%
Brock Marion and Arturo Freeman 3.23%

Anderson & Scott in a run away

i'm a big jake scott fan...

recently got his autographed jersey...

here's a question.. what two great players have wore the same jersey as dolphins....

13... marino and scott

85.. duper and buoniconti

23.. vincent and surtain

75... betters and manny fernadez

10 ....strock,mare and stoyanovich

any more?

Originally posted by DREADED-ONE

any more?

34 - Woody Bennett and Ricky Williams ;)

83 - Vern Den Herder and Mark Clayton

Originally posted by Phan4Ever
It is SO great to be a fan of a team... for which the overwhelming number of their fans would know... that their greatest safety combo ever... was a tandem that played 30 years ago, and most of their present fan base probably doesn't remember seeing play... as opposed to some lightweight fans who would tend to pick some johnny-come-latelies.

Wanny should make the secondary watch the teamwork and cameraderie with which those guys played. They were loving the game and loving kicking *ss.:)

Im sure i would have loved them.. had i been born. Because i have no idea who they are.. (and i have been a fan for 16 years... but not really a knowledgable fan until 5 years ago) i would have to go with people i DO know. Marion and Walker. :dunno:

hope sammy knight makes us forget marion/brian walker they were a good combo.... this could be the best combo... both have that knack for the ball....

Back
Top Bottom