Which Jets QB Will Start The Season Under Center? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Jets QB Will Start The Season Under Center?

Which QB Will Start The Season For The Jets?

• Total voters
I have to go with buttfumbler. I do believe Gararrad is the best QB the Jets have had on there roster for the past 4 years. Keeping Rex, hiring a new to GM - GM and bringing in Moringwood all signals to me that Rex convinced the ower Sanchez is his franchise QB.

The Jets are still a dumpster fire...only 10 returning starters, 26+ positions to fill with less than 6mil, rookies to sign and revis to trade which will be another giant cap hit!

What a mess!

Although I thought generating the poll would elicit some interesting perspectives - I'm still torn myself:

1) no doubt in my mind that of the existing players, Garrard would be the designated starter providing
a) he stays healthy and
b) there's a fair competition which I doubt considering even after the Pats Thanksgiving butt bowl humiliation, the men's foot loving HC still refused to try either Tebow or the QB who won an NCAA national championship, and has Buttchez''s jersey tatted on his arm.

or
2) they make a trade with AZ and renegotiate a cap friendly deal for Kolb, who looked good in a limited spotlight under Morningwood - giving up Revis and also getting a second this season and second next season or something like that - as both Kolb and MeVi$ appear to be lame ducks.

3) Again, the Morningwood connection: the Eagles draft Geno Smith in the first... or EJ Manual in the 2nd or 3rd and trade them Nick Foles and something like a 2014 2nd and 4th in exchange for MeVi$.

If options 2 or 3 happen, then IMO it would indicate the Woody-endorsed shifting of the power base from The Foot Perv to Itzdick which for the organization would be a good thing...but not necessarily for us. :idk:

Although I thought generating the poll would elicit some interesting perspectives - I'm still torn myself:

1) no doubt in my mind that of the existing players, Garrard would be the designated starter providing
a) he stays healthy and
b) there's a fair competition which I doubt considering even after the Pats Thanksgiving butt bowl humiliation, the men's foot loving HC still refused to try either Tebow or the QB who won an NCAA national championship, a
nd has Buttchez''s jersey tatted on his arm.

or
2) they make a trade with AZ and renegotiate a cap friendly deal for Kolb, who looked good in a limited spotlight under Morningwood - giving up Revis and also getting a second this season and second next season or something like that - as both Kolb and MeVi$ appear to be lame ducks.

3) Again, the Morningwood connection: the Eagles draft Geno Smith in the first... or EJ Manual in the 2nd or 3rd and trade them Nick Foles and something like a 2014 2nd and 4th in exchange for MeVi$.

If options 2 or 3 happen, then IMO it would indicate the Woody-endorsed shifting of the power base from The Foot Perv to Itzdick which for the organization would be a good thing...but not necessarily for us. :idk:

The QB that would concern me most would be a healthy Garrard. I chose Sanchez because I don't think they will be making any trades for a QB, and I don't think it will be a fair competition between Sanchez and a healthy Garrard. The bold sentence in your quote says it all. Can you imagine interviewing for a job when the boss has a tattoo of a guy on his arm who is also interviewing for the job?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hands down, Garrard has the most talent and confidence in himself. Sanchez lacks both. But, I can't see the Jets paying Sanchez 13 mil to ride the pine opening the season. MM already said Sanchez has the leg up in the competition and I am skeptical of just how "open" this competition will be. My preference is that Sanchez is the starter but as porous as their defense may be, it won't matter who the QB is.

I expect the leash on Sanchez will be extremely short.

David Garrard will hurt his back wakeboarding in June and need surgery to fix it in August.

If the Cards cut Kolb he is the starter.

If the Cards cut Kolb he is the starter.

I think so too cuz he looked pretty good in his limited audition with Morningwood. He also actually looked pretty effective against us too.

Curiously, I don't know why this doesn't get acknowledged more, but Andy Reed, long considered a strong offensive mind, had the chance to take Marty, his existing OC with him to KC, instead of leaving him dangling/jobless. Instead, however he chose the OC-un-tested Doug Peterson. What does that say when the guy charged with turning around a fledgling franchise who knows you best prefers to take someone else along based on the promise of "potential?" :idk: I also think Foles is an option because of the same familiarity, especially since he's being paid under the rookie contract - that's if his cost of acquisition is a 3th rounder or lower.

I'm casting my vote now working on the assumption however that they'll pick up some more flotsam and jetsom like Quinn or Hanie (Kolb is too speculative at this point). I am voting for the better potential QB in Garrard as I think the Over-his-head HC has been deneutered by Itzdick and Woody as evidenced by the silence, is on borrowed time and won't be allowed by Itzdick to tilt the competition so that Sanchez starts. At this point Buttboy is so reviled by the fanbase, they can't afford a resurrection if and when he again transforms into a turnover machine. At least with Garrard there's hope, however so slight that may be. :idk:

Back
Top Bottom